Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest Alexinho

How good do you reckon our best starting line up is? Compared to others clubs...

And then how good with Pardew as a manager, the problem IMO is the huge gap there...

Guest bimpy474

It's going to be soul destroying when we see Jonas line up LM against Man City. I don't think Pardew is even looking for LM/LW at all.

He does come across as a smug charlie most of the time, i wouldn't mind this if I thought he was capable of managing our team (i don't).

Adding a bit of perspective to the blog and the newspaper cuttings, he is here to manage newcastle and to do that to a certain level of competance not to be judged on his personality or persona, he is not doing, in my opinion, the former... And should have been sacked for such.

i think we will do OK this year in spite of Pardew at the realm, a lot of players will want to shine for the WC and this will drag us through some of his shiite coaching and tactics... oh well...

He needs a good start else he's fucked. The remaining fans who are prepared to still give him a chance after one good season and one bad season will soon start turning against him. If he's not in or around the top 7-8 by October I think he's done.

I really hope he is thinking 'fuck it, I'm on my last legs, may as well just go for it' but I reckon he is just going to go even more cautious :(

Like I said in the other thread, Bent's signing would make more sense if he's planning on defending deep again then hitting the two front lads over the top. Pretty much how he's set teams up all his career I suspect.

He does come across as a smug charlie most of the time, i wouldn't mind this if I thought he was capable of managing our team (i don't).

Adding a bit of perspective to the blog and the newspaper cuttings, he is here to manage newcastle and to do that to a certain level of competance not to be judged on his personality or persona, he is not doing, in my opinion, the former... And should have been sacked for such.

i think we will do OK this year in spite of Pardew at the realm, a lot of players will want to shine for the WC and this will drag us through some of his shiite coaching and tactics... oh well...

Nice. Get the excuses in early. :lol:

Joe Kinnear's appointment as Director of Football shows the level of football knowledge those who make the big calls have. I believe it could get a whole lot worse than Pardew, so I hope to God he pulls his socks up and suddenly becomes a fantastic manager overnight.

Joe Kinnear's appointment as Director of Football shows the level of football knowledge those who make the big calls have. I believe it could get a whole lot worse than Pardew, so I hope to God he pulls his socks up and suddenly becomes a fantastic manager overnight.

Indeed, best hope for us is that Pardew has learned something from last season.

However likely you think that is, it has to be more likely than Ashley firing Pardew and JFK and appointing people with genuine ability.

Guest chopey

He wont have much chance of getting a player over the line unless he makes an actual bid for someone