Alan Pardew

Mike

That the main reason for our current predicament is the lack of depth combined with long-term injuries to several key players occurring throughout the season.

None of that explains our last 2 home games, take your rose tinted glasses off.

Not strengthening in the summer was a mistake but it doesn't even come close to excusing/explaining the vast majority of appalling performances and results. The manager's responsible for both ultimately and neither have been remotely good enough. To go from challenging for CL qualification to relying on Wigan losing to remain in the division is down to the mismanagement of the squad.

Ashley doesn't pick the team, pick the tactics, conduct the training or make the substitutions. This is Pardew's mess.

How the hell is it the board's fault? they went out and spent 20m on international quality footballers.

If the manager still can't get results with that kind of backing then its his fault.

Wraith can f*ck off.

They f***ed up massively in the summer. Can't really argue beyond that.

I won't deny that, but even so a poor summer window is no excuse to be fighting relegation in April/May.

They appointed him, they are ultimately to blame.

That's stupid, that's like saying its not ashley's fault because it was fat Fred n John hall is to blame for selling the club to him.

The whole concept of training on defence one day and training on attack another day is completely warped. Attack as a unit, defend as a unit.

Pardew's nowhere near as clever as he thinks he is. His use of the 4-2-3-1 has been a complete disaster. It's simply not something he has any idea how to implement properly. The whole point of playing two midfielders deeper than the rest is so you don't need a "tackle" in there, it's a formation that depends on pressing in the right areas to win the ball back. Our implementation of it (where the two sitting deeper are there to do nothing but slide in and one of the 3 is also in there mainly to defend) is utterly laughable.

The root of our problems is most certainly the refusal to upgrade the quality of the squad last summer, which combined devastatingly with the somewhat severe fatigue/injury problems to put us in the mess we are in.

Whilst I'm not enamored with many of Pardew's decisions, such as his reliance on a regressive Jonas and his penchants for direct play towards an often stranded Cisse, I can't help but look past the fact we wouldn't be worried about relegation this season (again) if we'd invested in the squad beforehand.

What's your point? That we would be safe from relegation had we invested sooner.  So we go from 5th one season to just being safe.

That the main reason for our current predicament is the lack of depth combined with long-term injuries to several key players occurring throughout the season.

Yeh ok steve wraith.

The root of our problems is most certainly the refusal to upgrade the quality of the squad last summer, which combined devastatingly with the somewhat severe fatigue/injury problems to put us in the mess we are in.

Whilst I'm not enamored with many of Pardew's decisions, such as his reliance on a regressive Jonas and his penchants for direct play towards an often stranded Cisse, I can't help but look past the fact we wouldn't be worried about relegation this season (again) if we'd invested in the squad beforehand.

How does that explain yesterday like? Or the mackems game?

He got what he wanted in the end and has made us worse.

How does that explain the Chelsea win?  Or the draw away at Benfica?

Draw away at Benfica? Aye I enjoyed that.

The whole concept of training on defence one day and training on attack another day is completely warped. Attack as a unit, defend as a unit.

Pardew's nowhere near as clever as he thinks he is. His use of the 4-2-3-1 has been a complete disaster. It's simply not something he has any idea how to implement properly. The whole point of playing two midfielders deeper than the rest is so you don't need a "tackle" in there, it's a formation that depends on pressing in the right areas to win the ball back. Our implementation of it (where the two sitting deeper are there to do nothing but slide in and one of the 3 is also in there mainly to defend) is utterly laughable.

I wonder. If Pardew ever had a Brain fart and thought what if we attacked and try to score then we can defend a lead if we score.

Bollocks did we :lol:

Not even a strongest XI.  That's just another example of Pardew's media bollocks.

How do you know it was media bollocks and not his honest belief?

Because he is never honest in the media.

if you want a manager who is 100% honest or even 10% when talking to the media you could be waiting a while. Theres plenty of things Pardew can be criticized for but this one I never got, all managers talk bollocks in the media to suit the situation they're in.

You know that you can just be extremely unlucky?  Pretty sure that there were a couple of chances in the second half against Sunderland where we almost leveled.  Then who knows what might have happened.

:thup:

How does that explain yesterday like? Or the mackems game?

He got what he wanted in the end and has made us worse.

How does that explain the Chelsea win?  Or the draw away at Benfica?

Do you have Alzheimers ?

I don't know.  I have no proof either way, although the likelihood is that I don't.

I'm not going to pick and choose a couple of examples to prove either way though.

We didn't draw at Benfica, that is why I asked like.

You know that you can just be extremely unlucky? Pretty sure that there were a couple of chances in the second half against Sunderland where we almost leveled.  Then who knows what might have happened.

WUM alert.

Bollocks did we :lol:

Not even a strongest XI.  That's just another example of Pardew's media bollocks.

How do you know it was media bollocks and not his honest belief?

Because he is never honest in the media.

if you want a manager who is 100% honest or even 10% when talking to the media you could be waiting a while. Theres plenty of things Pardew can be criticized for but this one I never got, all managers talk bollocks in the media to suit the situation they're in.

Excuse making is the real issue with Pardew's interview technique.

I don't care that he's a lying bastard in front of the cameras.

Guest bimpy474

Not strengthening in the summer was a mistake but it doesn't even come close to excusing/explaining the vast majority of appalling performances and results. The manager's responsible for both ultimately and neither have been remotely good enough. To go from challenging for CL qualification to relying on Wigan losing to remain in the division is down to the mismanagement of the squad.

Ashley doesn't pick the team, pick the tactics, conduct the training or make the substitutions. This is Pardew's mess.

Spot on like.

You know that you can just be extremely unlucky? Pretty sure that there were a couple of chances in the second half against Sunderland where we almost leveled.  Then who knows what might have happened.

WUM alert.

You mean, someone with a viewpoint outside the forum indoctrination?

He wasn't in a situation and he still claimed as late as December that we were challenging for Europe.  :lol: The blokes a pathological liar.

WUM alert.

You can only blame bad luck on so much mate, we are now sat at the tipping point with an awful goal difference and a team of players who look like they have given up.

WUM alert.

I knew Pardew would be on this board sooner or later.  Shouldnt you be putting in double time on the training ground instead of coming on here making more excuses?

You know that you can just be extremely unlucky?  Pretty sure that there were a couple of chances in the second half against Sunderland where we almost leveled.  Then who knows what might have happened.

You can be extremely unlucky, he isn't, he's extremely inept.

Guest bimpy474

WUM alert.

Woo Mass Effect terminology.

He wasn't in a situation and he still claimed as late as December that we were challenging for Europe.  :lol: The blokes a pathological liar.

all managers are its the one common trait they all share

I think the responsibility for the mess should be shared by all involved, not just Pardew. And you know I'm no admirer of Pardew's.

Guest neesy111

I think the responsibility for the mess should be shared by all involved, not just Pardew. And you know I'm no admirer of Pardew's.

They'd be some players now who'd I'd be happy with never to be seen in a B&W shirt again.

They'd be some players now who'd I'd be happy with never to be seen in a B&W shirt again.

Who?  Which ones?