Alan Pardew

Mike

Carver does "oversee" our attacking play and it's virtually non-existent.

A bit like the amount of time he gets to work on it.

He doesn't have much time to work on it, granted. But the whole managerial setup is Pardew plus his assistants. The assistants are there to advise the manager on aspects of the game in which he is not particularly proficient in - as Carver is there to "advise" Pardew on attacking but as we've looked toothless in attack, a portion (however small) has to be attributed to Carver, as harsh as it sounds.

The root of our problems is most certainly the refusal to upgrade the quality of the squad last summer, which combined devastatingly with the somewhat severe fatigue/injury problems to put us in the mess we are in.

Whilst I'm not enamored with many of Pardew's decisions, such as his reliance on a regressive Jonas and his penchants for direct play towards an often stranded Cisse, I can't help but look past the fact we wouldn't be worried about relegation this season (again) if we'd invested in the squad beforehand.

We had a squad capable of challenging for the CL at the start of the season according to Pardew.

Bollocks did we :lol:

Not even a strongest XI.  That's just another example of Pardew's media bollocks.

Guest bimpy474

Aye, Dekka and Ashley made him play hoof ball, made use the same shit set penis, made him play Cisse on the wing, made him bring Shola on.

What complete and utter shit, It's Pardew's crapness as a football manager ffs.

The root of our problems is most certainly the refusal to upgrade the quality of the squad last summer, which combined devastatingly with the somewhat severe fatigue/injury problems to put us in the mess we are in.

Whilst I'm not enamored with many of Pardew's decisions, such as his reliance on a regressive Jonas and his penchants for direct play towards an often stranded Cisse, I can't help but look past the fact we wouldn't be worried about relegation this season (again) if we'd invested in the squad beforehand.

How does that explain yesterday like? Or the mackems game?

He got what he wanted in the end and has made us worse.

How does that explain the Chelsea win?  Or the draw away at Benfica?

Pardew was given a shit load of players in January, how have we played since this financial backing? Had they come in the summer I honestly believe we'd be in a similar, if not the same situation as now. He has a virtually fully fit squad and he lines up like that against Liverpool??? Sorry but the mans a waste of space, the evidence is there for all to see, look at the quotes from Tevez back in 2006, it's the same now, financial backing or not we would still be subjected to this tripe.

Manager - fully responsible for overseeing this shambles

Assistant manager - has no input meaning hasn't got a clue or is happy being a yes man.

1st team coaches - can't teach passing, positioning, movement, technique or set pieces.

Goalkeeper coaches - can't teach distribution.

Fitness coaches - see injury list

Physios - see reoccurring injuries

Any hangers on - Beardsley I'm looking at you.

All have to go.

How the hell is it the board's fault? they went out and spent 20m on international quality footballers.

If the manager still can't get results with that kind of backing then its his fault.

Wraith can f*ck off.

They fucked up massively in the summer. Can't really argue beyond that.

He doesn't have much time to work on it, granted. But the whole managerial setup is Pardew plus his assistants. The assistants are there to advise the manager on aspects of the game in which he is not particularly proficient in - as Carver is there to "advise" Pardew on attacking but as we've looked toothless in attack, a portion (however small) has to be attributed to Carver, as harsh as it sounds.

The assistants can advise all they want and it will not make the slightest bit of difference if the advice isn't taken on board.  Carver has to take some of the blame for our current situation, a tiny portion of it when compared to Pardew.

Do you have Alzheimers ?

Pardew was given a shit load of players in January, how have we played since this financial backing? Had they come in the summer I honestly believe we'd be in a similar, if not the same situation as now. He has a virtually fully fit squad and he lines up like that against Liverpool??? Sorry but the mans a waste of space, the evidence is there for all to see, look at the quotes from Tevez back in 2006, it's the same now, financial backing or not we would still be subjected to this tripe.

No Coloccini, no Krul, Ben Arfa on the bench and no Santon.

Do you have Alzheimers ?

I don't know.  I have no proof either way, although the likelihood is that I don't.

I'm not going to pick and choose a couple of examples to prove either way though.

Assistant manager - has no input meaning hasn't got a clue or is happy being a yes man.

1st team coaches - can't teach passing, positioning, movement, technique or set pieces.

All have to go.

I'm unsure regarding goalkeeping coaches. Elliot wasn't good to start with, Harper is old as fuck and Krul has developed massively well. Distribution has always been bad, true. Harper is a good distributor.

Not even a strongest XI.  That's just another example of Pardew's media bollocks.

How do you know it was media bollocks and not his honest belief?

Do you have Alzheimers ?

Can't remember.

FYP. Missed a trick there.

How do you know it was media bollocks and not his honest belief?

Because he is never honest in the media.

How the hell is it the board's fault? they went out and spent 20m on international quality footballers.

If the manager still can't get results with that kind of backing then its his fault.

Wraith can f*ck off.

They f***ed up massively in the summer. Can't really argue beyond that.

I won't deny that, but even so a poor summer window is no excuse to be fighting relegation in April/May.

Guest neesy111

Do you have Alzheimers ?

Can't remember.

FYP. Missed a trick there.

:lol:

What's your point? That we would be safe from relegation had we invested sooner.  So we go from 5th one season to just being safe.

Not good enough.  Could had spend as much as Chelsea  in the summer  and we'd still be in bottom table mediocrity with this t*** in charge.

Guest neesy111

Wraith can f*ck off.

They f***ed up massively in the summer. Can't really argue beyond that.

I won't deny that, but even so a poor summer window is no excuse to be fighting relegation in April/May.

They appointed him, they are ultimately to blame.

All have to go.

I'm unsure regarding goalkeeping coaches. Elliot wasn't good to start with, Harper is old as fuck and Krul has developed massively well. Distribution has always been bad, true. Harper is a good distributor.

Harper is average at that but we're so starved of anything decent he looks good. Also think that's self taught rather than any decent level of coaching. Paul Barron was the last decent gk coach we had and where Krul learned most of his game from.(from what I hear anyway)

What's your point? That we would be safe from relegation had we invested sooner.  So we go from 5th one season to just being safe.

That the main reason for our current predicament is the lack of depth combined with long-term injuries to several key players occurring throughout the season.

All have to go.

I'm unsure regarding goalkeeping coaches. Elliot wasn't good to start with, Harper is old as f*** and Krul has developed massively well. Distribution has always been bad, true. Harper is a good distributor.

Harper is average at that but we're so starved of anything decent he looks good. Also think that's self taught rather than any decent level of coaching. Paul Barron was the last decent gk coach we had and where Krul learned most of his game from.(from what I hear anyway)

Fair enough, hadn't realised we'd changed goalkeeping coach :thup: although I though Woodman was quite well-respected.