Alan Pardew

Mike

I know Gouffran in particular f***ing loves the Evening Chronicle. His confidence is going to be negatively affected by 35-40%.

a) If he's saying this in the press, he'll more than likely be saying it in the dressing room - the depressing b****** that he is.

b) As if the players just go home from training and sit in a dark room with their fingers in their ears going "LA LA LA LA LA LA". They'll know exactly what he's saying.

or he's lying through his teeth in order to give Morecombe proper respect and not just to be perceived to be arrogantly looking down at them and saying something completely different to the players.

Judging on previous form, I know which one is more likely to be correct :lol:

the one which fits better with the current agenda? Sorry but its an annoyance of mine, theres plenty out there for people to have a go at him for without this kind of thing which every prem manager would say something along the same lines to the press.

He said if they get physical we'll lose ffs :lol:

There's showing respect and there's utter f***ing madness.

he's right, we get into a physical game with them we're doing something very wrong when we should be using our (in theory) superior technical ability to beat them.

Exactly. It's a fact of football from grassroots to the highest level that inferior teams will try to make the game a physical one to get the upper hand. All he's saying here is that we need to use our technical ability to win, not 'MORECAMBE ARE MINT AND WE'RE GOING TO GET BUMMED'.

There are so many things he can be rightly criticised for, standard pre-game comments aren't one of them. Unfortunately if you're anti-Pardew on here though, you have to be against every single thing he says/does.

What utter bollocks.

As I mentioned before, personally I wouldn't have much of a problem with him being pleasant towards lower league cup opposition if his NUFC didn't get rolled over by them on a regular basis.

Will anyone be genuinely shocked or surprised if we go out tonight?

I know Gouffran in particular f***ing loves the Evening Chronicle. His confidence is going to be negatively affected by 35-40%.

a) If he's saying this in the press, he'll more than likely be saying it in the dressing room - the depressing bastard that he is.

b) As if the players just go home from training and sit in a dark room with their fingers in their ears going "LA LA LA LA LA LA". They'll know exactly what he's saying.

or he's lying through his teeth in order to give Morecombe proper respect and not just to be perceived to be arrogantly looking down at them and saying something completely different to the players.

Whatever he's doing, he's been doing it for ages and we're fucking shit.

This. I've honestly lost track of what he does, I see nothing of any value happenning on the pitch...

a) If he's saying this in the press, he'll more than likely be saying it in the dressing room - the depressing b****** that he is.

There has NEVER been a manager in football who says the same things in the press as he does in the dressing room.

The "assumptions" surrounding Pardew on here really are getting a bit silly.

I don't assume he's a poor manager, I know it.

the one which fits better with the current agenda? Sorry but its an annoyance of mine, theres plenty out there for people to have a go at him for without this kind of thing which every prem manager would say something along the same lines to the press.

he's right, we get into a physical game with them we're doing something very wrong when we should be using our (in theory) superior technical ability to beat them.

Exactly. It's a fact of football from grassroots to the highest level that inferior teams will try to make the game a physical one to get the upper hand. All he's saying here is that we need to use our technical ability to win, not 'MORECAMBE ARE MINT AND WE'RE GOING TO GET BUMMED'.

There are so many things he can be rightly criticised for, standard pre-game comments aren't one of them. Unfortunately if you're anti-Pardew on here though, you have to be against every single thing he says/does.

What utter bollocks.

Okay. The vast majority of posts in this thread support this, but nevermind.

Guest icemanblue

What utter bollocks.

:lol: I'd say there's probably a wealth of evidence that supports it, like. You might struggle to find any showing it's 'utter bollocks'.

Guest Haris Vuckic

What utter bollocks.

:lol: I'd say there's probably a wealth of evidence that supports it, like. You might struggle to find any showing it's 'utter bollocks'.

Yep :lol:

I occasionally pitch in to defend Pardew if the criticism isn't grounded but I've had to give up really. Everything he does is bad :up:

(Obviously there's sensible posters who hate him with good reason)

What utter bollocks.

True...

He's unnecessarily defeatist, he lies, he's tactically clueless and shows no intention of learning from his mistakes.

Is it any wonder that when he says unnecessary things like “If it comes down to just a physical game, we will lose” that people criticise him for it?

I've not seen one PL manager drawn against a lower league opposition team saying they'll lose if it gets physical. I've heard them say it'll be difficult, and that they have to be careful, but Pardew's practically setting the upset up for us in his comments. So unnecessarily negative - he should be giving the team a boost ahead of the game. It's a chance to get the season going.

I've had enough of it - and IMO it's justified anger, even if you think it's me being biased because I think he's an utter cretin.

Guest neesy111

I've had a look at what other PL managers were/are saying about their lower level opponents and I haven't seen anyone suggesting they'll lose.

Why did I even bother?

I'm sure some were defeatist at some point?

There's showing respect and there's utter fucking madness.

Love the idea of people just being 'anti Pardew' on here, and not in general :lol:

Guest Haris Vuckic

I've had a look at what other PL managers were/are saying about their lower level opponents and I haven't seen anyone suggesting they'll lose.

Why did I even bother?

Some premier league managers get the support of their board. Ours have worked to force him out because they ''can't afford'' to sack him. He's an a position to get sacked because they ''couldn't afford'' to back him a the right time - i.e summer.

I'm never surprised by his negativity. He's doing his job with his hands tied behind his back - a job he isn't spectacular at in the first place to an expectant crowd.

Up shit creek without a paddle basically.

Why did I even bother?

Some premier league managers get the support of their board. Ours have worked to force him out because they ''can't afford'' to sack him. He's an a position to get sacked because they ''couldn't afford'' to back him a the right time - i.e summer.

I'm never surprised by his negativity. He's doing his job with his hands tied behind his back - a job he isn't spectacular at in the first place to an expectant crowd.

Aye, he was a barrel of laughs before this season :lol:

Like Dave says it wouldn't be easier to ignore and put down as manager speak if we'd put up an iota of fight or flair in these cup competitions; as it stands we've lost out on several occassions with the negative press, negative football and negative impact all having a correlation. Pretty justified.

Guest icemanblue

Why did I even bother?

Aye, he was a barrel of laughs before this season :lol:

Was the season before, like. Pardiola, Joop, and all that.

Love the idea of people just being 'anti Pardew' on here, and not in general :lol:

If you're incapable of reading full sentences you will come to some strange conclusions.

If you're incapable of reading full sentences you will come to some strange conclusions.

:lol: Zing

Why did I even bother?

Be that as it may, If he's not confident of beating fucking Morecambe with the squad he has now then there's really no hope for him or us.

So I can look at the report at Morecambe and read it but it won’t represent the performance they put out tonight.

The players will play another 20% better. I have been in that position because you have nothing to lose.

That might have been a decent attitude to take out there against Man City Alan. Like Cardiff did.

Why did I even bother?

Kinnear might be a senile old fart but he was right about one thing. Newcastle have a top 10 squad value wise. That we look clueless is down to the manager, he couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery as they say.