Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest bimpy474

So that wasn't a 'good team'? Areet, aye, fair enough.

Ba had a stormer for half a season and then literally EVERYTHING Cisse kicked went in. Colo was great and HBA made a big impact when Pardew eventually realised Obertan was making  him look bad.

Good players playing well.

My tripe file gets bigger.

Mate, you're denying that Pardew created a good team when we finished 5th.

I'm not sure why I bother, but surely any non-dementia sufferer can't argue this?

I'd suggest you go watch that season again before saying anything. You are both right to an extent, Pardew built a great team at the beginning but first injury and he couldn't get smack right and without Cisse and Ben Arfa and we could've easily been finishing around 15th or so.

Without our best players we could have finished lower down, yes. Very true. Very true. This is the case for any side with a thin squad.

If I remember correctly however, our players remained fit for the most part and played extremely well. Overachieved. Could even be described as a good team.

We played abysmal football though for big periods. Anyways not getting into a debate, but I said that season that we didn't deserve 5th and that we could've easily been a lower half team. I was right for the next season. I just hope we have good enough players so Pardew doesn't fuck us over ;)

At the time people said the football wasn't great. It was football that could get figured out and had major limitations longer term.

Without our best players we could have finished lower down, yes. Very true. Very true. This is the case for any side with a thin squad.

If I remember correctly however, our players remained fit for the most part and played extremely well. Overachieved. Could even be described as a good team.

If the team was that good then don't you think it would take something of a prick to start changing it?  Oh we've got a good team, let's move Cisse and bring Ba back into the middle and see what happens.

I was contesting the ludicrous statement that Pardew has never produced a good team. Last season was obviously a disaster, bar Europe. Lets hope lessons have been learnt.

Unfortunately not a single fucking one has been learnt by the club. Can only hope the coaching staff aren't the same.

Guest bimpy474

But the only way Pardew will last 8 years is if he wins a trophy..... so it's an easy statement to make.

If he last 8 years i will definitely marry quasimodos ugly sister in the other room.

If the team was that good then don't you think it would take something of a prick to start changing it?  Oh we've got a good team, let's move Cisse and bring Ba back into the middle and see what happens.

I was contesting the ludicrous statement that Pardew has never produced a good team. Last season was obviously a disaster, bar Europe. Lets hope lessons have been learnt.

Unfortunately not a single fucking one has been learnt by the club. Can only hope the coaching staff aren't the same.

:thup: Word.

Let's not forget how far behind the tops teams Liverpool were under Benitez. They still managed to have great cup runs including winning the Champion's League.

We're obviously not that good but Pardew strikes me as a similar sort of manager and I certainly don't think a cup is out of our reach.

Let's not forget how far behind the tops teams Liverpool were under Benitez. They still managed to have great cup runs including winning the Champion's League.

We're obviously not that good but Pardew strikes me as a similar sort of manager and I certainly don't think a cup is out of our reach.

Trying too hard now. 4/10

Guest bimpy474

We've been knocked out by lower league opposition pretty much every domestic cup Pardew has managed us in. So I can definitely see where this optimism is stemming from.

:lol: True so very very true.

We've been knocked out by lower league opposition pretty much every domestic cup Pardew has managed us in. So I can definitely see where this optimism is stemming from.

:lol:

I should also stipulate that this is relying on the kids making it beyond the 4th round.

Guest bimpy474

Benitez / Pardew.

Does someone have a gun pointed at your winky ?.

Benitez / Pardew.

Does someone have a gun pointed at your winky ?.

I think it was just a typo, it was meant to read Pulis not Benitez.

Guest bimpy474

What the hell is going on here  :lol:

We have played one and a half good league game and we are going to win a cup now.

This is quite mental  :lol:

Pardew is like Benitez, Brett went mental on mushrooms, Ian.W joined Dave and San Toon in the jacuzzi of doubt. We're going to win both cups and Pardew will be here for the whole 8 years.

Mental evening :lol:

We have played one and a half good league game and we are going to win a cup now.

Pardew is like Benitez, Brett went mental on mushrooms, Ian.W joined Dave and San Toon in the jacuzzi of doubt. We're going to win both cups and Pardew will be here for the whole 8 years.

If I had to guess, I expect it would be a Europa League win.

Guest bimpy474

Ah finishing in the top 5 again too, i'll add that to the mental evening list :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Just to make it clear, I don't want to be associated with any trophy acclaim when we fail to win anything. Even I haven't got the optimism for that! Christ, had better sides and managers than this and still failed!

Coming down from a high is a bitch like.

Ah finishing in the top 5 again too, i'll add that to the mental evening list :lol:

:lol: in 8 years? ...I'm pretty confident in that one.

Guest bimpy474

:lol: in 8 years? ...I'm pretty confident in that one.

Only 6 left to do it in though  :p