Alan Pardew

Mike

http://cdn.eplindex.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Capture3-495x410.jpg

Interesting comparison of Managers in the Premier League.  Points awarded for how they effect games and ting.  It's interactive so you can see where each manager wins or loses points by hovering over them at the link below....

http://public.tableausoftware.com/views/MIIWeek7/Dashboard3?:embed=y&:display_count=no#1

In brief, how the hell do they work that out?

Just based on the first goal and the final result.

Not to say Pardew actually was to blame...but that Pardew was in charge at the time.

Oh right, I thought it was supposed to be some measure of how effective managers are at turning things round etc.

Guest neesy111

Oh right, I thought it was supposed to be some measure of how effective managers are at turning things round etc.

Just about impossible to do that with just stats imo.

In brief, how the hell do they work that out?

Just based on the first goal and the final result.

Not to say Pardew actually was to blame...but that Pardew was in charge at the time.

Sorry. Those 2 posts were independent of each other :)

Funnily enough I've started a project on analysing managerial data. Sort of like the impact table from above but much more detailed (rather than 1st goal/result, although that's a small part of it).

Got any more stories like that?

eleventeen

I'd really like to think we're not in a place where Chrystal f***ing Palace can poach our manager like. Regardless of how much of a shithouse he is :lol:

We can't expect to compete with the likes of the financial powerhouse that is Palace ffs

“It was one of those games where we needed the crowd to help us, and they did.

“Actually, their honesty and sportsmanship – they clapped Steven Gerrard – and their support was outstanding.

“Sometimes we show our love here in different ways.

“We can tease and be sarcastic in our support, but there was genuine love for Steven Gerrard because he’s got us to the World Cup with his captaincy.”

:puke:

“It was one of those games where we needed the crowd to help us, and they did.

“Actually, their honesty and sportsmanship – they clapped Steven Gerrard – and their support was outstanding.

“Sometimes we show our love here in different ways.

“We can tease and be sarcastic in our support, but there was genuine love for Steven Gerrard because he’s got us to the World Cup with his captaincy.”

:puke:

There's a case for clapping him for depriving Smarmdew of the FA Cup.

We just have to continue to play like we have recently in the respect of attacking play. We can't go into this scared, protecting a one goal lead and the like.

I'm not nervous for this game though that does usually come late on for me.