Newcastle Utd 0 - 6 Liverpool - 27/04/13 - post-match reaction from page 49

Beren

Guest bimpy474

I think this is probably the worst performance I've seen from a NUFC team since I started watching in 1985.

Aye me too. Since 74.

Whatever shite Pardew tells them (and I hold him responsible for nearly all of our problems), it doesn't excuse the lack of effort, basic skill and decision-making we've seen from the players today. If we'd lost 2-0 or 3-0 then yeah, but losing 6-0 at home is unforgivable and it shouldn't happen even with no manager at all.

Guest bimpy474

I've not heard a word about Pardew from the fans.

I've been asking all afternoon, maybe cowardly like him ?.

Surely they've got to have a pop at him at full time no? or has he hoodwinked them as well?

Surely they must finally see what is so obvious, and has been for 6 months.

Utterly gutless performance, if we're calling for Pardew to be sacked then half the team should be as well.

You're not serious, man?

The players don't deserve a bonus, but I find it astounding that you seem to indicate that the buck doesn't stop at Pardew for managing these players and building a team out of them.

It stops at the feet of everyone involved. They're all at fault, as I've said numerous times before. To blame one man for the situation is simple-minded bullshit. The omnishambles we've been watching these last few minutes is nothing to do with Pardew and is due to a complete lack of heart and professional pride amongst the players, they're an embarrassment. Pardew may be as well, but to deny that the players are at fault for the way this season has gone is to deny the obvious.

No one is denying that the players have been horrific today, but do you think they're particularly bad or weak-willed individuals? I don't.

I see that over the course of the season they've been systematically broken. You've seen anger slip out in fits and starts over the last few months - particularly from Cisse.

This exaggerated en masse capitulation has been inevitable for a long time now.

:thup:

This would happen with any group of players. It's not a case of them just not giving a shit it's that they are being poorly managed to the point where it's admirable that none of them have actually come out and said anything.

We were getting hammered today before heads dropped, and the fact that they have now is no fucking wonder.

My late edit to the post you've quoted:

Edit: The player's capitulation - today in this completely heartless showing - is mirrored by the fans. I include myself in that. Barely wanted to watch the game today at 9am. Same with Disco, same with a few others who I now forget. The match begins and fans feel like saying "what's the fucking point?". I see no reason why that wouldn't be true of the players who are sent out there.

Whatever shite Pardew tells them (and I hold him responsible for nearly all of our problems), it doesn't excuse the lack of effort, basic skill and decision-making we've seen from the players today. If we'd lost 2-0 or 3-0 then yeah, but losing 6-0 at home is unforgivable and it shouldn't happen even with no manager at all.

Spot on. Bunch of overpaid wankers. It's clear they have no intention of playing for Pardew now, and with the amount they're paid they should all be hanging their heads.

Cabaye is the worst of the lot.