Newcastle Utd 0 - 6 Liverpool - 27/04/13 - post-match reaction from page 49

Beren

Utterly gutless performance, if we're calling for Pardew to be sacked then half the team should be as well.

You're not serious, man?

The players don't deserve a bonus, but I find it astounding that you seem to indicate that the buck doesn't stop at Pardew for managing these players and building a team out of them.

It stops at the feet of everyone involved. They're all at fault, as I've said numerous times before. To blame one man for the situation is simple-minded bullshit. The omnishambles we've been watching these last few minutes is nothing to do with Pardew and is due to a complete lack of heart and professional pride amongst the players, they're an embarrassment. Pardew may be as well, but to deny that the players are at fault for the way this season has gone is to deny the obvious.

True. Replacing the players isn't particularly realistic though.

Yes, but giving them their fair share of the blame on here should be! It isn't though because a significant number of people seem to have convinced themselves that simply writing a different name on the manager's door will turn this bunch of gutless cretins into world-beaters. People are seriously putting forward the argument that we can blame the players because playing under Pardew must be so unbearable that it's not their fault that they clearly don't even give a shit about their performance. Fuck me man, how would these grown men survive in the real world, where the rest of us have to work under genuinely crap management and still manage to maintain an acceptable level of performance in our jobs?

It's obviously unrealistic for them to be sacked, but they deserve shit by the bucket-load and they're not getting it because as per usual there's a nice scapegoat to pin all of the blame on.

Just to make it obvious, I will repeat that I am not saying that Pardew is not to blame at all and after that game he's got to be on seriously thin ice, but he is not solely to blame.

Straw man. Not the case at all tbh.

Take on board the rest of what you've wrote though. The players deserve flak for it, but they should keep their jobs. Pardew shoudn't.

The players very obviously stopped playing for him. After the 4th goal, there was a marked collective drop in their attitude. Unforgivable because you must play to the final whistle, but I much rather there was unity in the dressing room than for them to come out against Pardew in the press.

He will be sacked on Monday. I'm certain of that. No manager survives a loss of the dressing room.

I agree but scared Mike will see that as 'employee power' and back 'his' man instead.

Well the players have clearly turned on him. Now we just have to wait and see if Ashley/Llambias do the right thing.

A pathetic, disgusting performance from our lot. By miles, it was the worst defensive display I've seen in my life from any team, anywhere. Every shot would find it's way in. And I think it's the end - both for our survival hope and for Pardew.

Our biggest home loss in the PL.

Surprised it's not the biggest home loss in PL history.

Just great isn't it? 2.38am and I can't sleep at all. Can u? :lol:

U in Perth ?

Singapore.

Didn't we get beat 1-5 by them in the relegation season with Given having a blinder? Hopefully get hammered at home by Liverpool won't mean relegation this time but as it stands I think we will struggle to stay up. We are really fortunate Spurs got that last minute equaliser.

Guest bimpy474

Didn't we get beat 1-5 by them in the relegation season with Given having a blinder? Hopefully get hammered at home by Liverpool won't mean relegation this time but as it stands I think we will struggle to stay up. We are really fortunate Spurs got that last minute equaliser.

That game we were lucky it wasn't more, Torres missed about 5 great chances that day.

Really looking forward to when I can actually watch MOTD again.

Have been avoiding it all season thanks to our crap play.

Puts me off football completely.

Me too, hardly seen it this season.

Utterly gutless performance, if we're calling for Pardew to be sacked then half the team should be as well.

You're not serious, man?

The players don't deserve a bonus, but I find it astounding that you seem to indicate that the buck doesn't stop at Pardew for managing these players and building a team out of them.

It stops at the feet of everyone involved. They're all at fault, as I've said numerous times before. To blame one man for the situation is simple-minded bullshit. The omnishambles we've been watching these last few minutes is nothing to do with Pardew and is due to a complete lack of heart and professional pride amongst the players, they're an embarrassment. Pardew may be as well, but to deny that the players are at fault for the way this season has gone is to deny the obvious.

True. Replacing the players isn't particularly realistic though.

Yes, but giving them their fair share of the blame on here should be! It isn't though because a significant number of people seem to have convinced themselves that simply writing a different name on the manager's door will turn this bunch of gutless cretins into world-beaters. People are seriously putting forward the argument that we can blame the players because playing under Pardew must be so unbearable that it's not their fault that they clearly don't even give a shit about their performance. Fuck me man, how would these grown men survive in the real world, where the rest of us have to work under genuinely crap management and still manage to maintain an acceptable level of performance in our jobs?

It's obviously unrealistic for them to be sacked, but they deserve shit by the bucket-load and they're not getting it because as per usual there's a nice scapegoat to pin all of the blame on.

Just to make it obvious, I will repeat that I am not saying that Pardew is not to blame at all and after that game he's got to be on seriously thin ice, but he is not solely to blame.

I'll stick my neck out and say he would.

The players very obviously stopped playing for him. After the 4th goal, there was a marked collective drop in their attitude. Unforgivable because you must play to the final whistle, but I much rather there was unity in the dressing room than for them to come out against Pardew in the press.

He will be sacked on Monday. I'm certain of that. No manager survives a loss of the dressing room.

I agree but scared Mike will see that as 'employee power' and back 'his' man instead.

Like he did with Hughton?

"convinced themselves that simply writing a different name on the manager's door will turn this bunch of gutless cretins into world beater" man :lol:

It's like me buying a load of lush, aged kobe steaks, cooking them in the microwave, whitying all over the place and then complaining that the steaks were shit.

That makes no sense at all, I don't care.

Wigan have a game in though don't they?

Heard pundits saying their players will have an eye on the cup final.... todays result (barring the last minute own goal) suggests otherwise.