West Ham United 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 04/05/13 - post-match reaction from p52

Dave

Everyone up to Stoke can still go and there's still a few teams have to play each other. Pretty sure 3 points against QPR will do it. Trouble is that I have absolutely no confidence in us getting them.

Guest icemanblue

Gouffran should have scored. That's going to give me a sleepless night tonight.

FWIW I think Cisse's goal was over the line. Hope it's not costly at the end of the season. Has 'Viduka against Fulham' written all over it.

TBH I think if we'd gone in 1-0 up at half time, we'd have managed to be even more negative in the second and ended up losing.

Guest oatcakejamie

Don't worry lads we'll beat the mackems for you tomorrow:)

[

Sorry my bad its on Monday  :tongue:

Pardew is a slimy cretin, his negativity continues to stagger. Shola for Ben Arfa? Gosling for Gouffran? The prick is doing this on purpose, he's loving it.

West Ham were there to be beaten and yet we're sitting back in a must win game. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Our best players were Colo, HBA and Elliot with Cabaye having another stinker.

Guest icemanblue

I went wild when I thought Cisse had scored only for the refs not to give it :okay:

That was in, wasn't it? Fucking sickener.

Guest oatcakejamie

Don't worry lads we'll beat the mackems for you tomorrow :)

Will you try and beat them on Monday too?

We'll try our best but being as were stoke city charity club we'll hand sunderland the points without a fight.

Don't think it was a goal tbh. Other angles show that completely differently. The thing that has given Pardew so much slack over the past few seasons is the luck he's had with things like that and Cisse et al bailing us out. He's a complete no trick pony and his jammy chancer streak has run out.

Defensively did well today but didn't offer enough going forward.

Well up for having a go at Pardew but our attacking players need to be getting it in the neck as well. Cabaye's allegedly a £20m midfielder but showed nothing for long periods today. Gouffran needs to be burying that open goal and that's the second away game in a row where Cisse's blown a huge chance. I do dearly love HBA but apart from some mazy runs that didn't amount to much he offered little today.

The most stand out thing for me was fitness. Simpson who has been more out of the team made 90 mins no probs. Gouffran who has been in the team suffered from cramps. Ben Afra 1st half great and faded second imo. Strolla Ameobi gets tired walking. Some of our players need a kick up the arse.

BBC Newcastle having problems getting Pardew's interview on air.

Rob Elliott saying that there's a good spirit in the camp - wasn't sure about the Cisse 'goal; as he was too far away. Players were determined - defence worked well.