QPR vs Newcastle Utd - 12/05/13 @ 3pm (No TV) - a win confirms safety

TaylorJ_01
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Set up for win and we could hopefully fall back on a draw, set up for a draw and we will fail miserably

There's no way we'll set up for a draw IMO. The doubt is over what Pardew thinks is 'setting up for a win'.

It's usually "keep it tight for 70 minutes then bring on Marveaux to nick it", which normally equates to us going at least one goal down before 70 minutes.

I'm hoping this isn't going to be the plan.

Guest bimpy474

Pardews got a negative mentality and is a horrendous c***. There you go. I get Crack on Bimpy.

I'm saying nowt  :huff:

Confident that Arsenal will beat Wigan on Tuesday, because they have to for the Champions League. Unfortunately they will also do the same to us on May 19th for the same reason, so we must get at least a point on Sunday. However, as we have 2 excruciating days to wait until Wigan's game, I will sleep much better, and feel much better if we get all 3 points against QPR. Regardless of how badly we have done this season, how negative Pardew's tactics seem to have been and our abysmal away form, surely the POTENTIAL quality of our lot must mean we can beat a relegated bunch of money chasers?

Set up for win and we could hopefully fall back on a draw, set up for a draw and we will fail miserably

There's no way we'll set up for a draw IMO. The doubt is over what Pardew thinks is 'setting up for a win'.

It's usually "keep it tight for 70 minutes then bring on Marveaux to nick it", which normally equates to us going at least one goal down before 70 minutes.

I'm hoping this isn't going to be the plan.

Jesus, the fact it's even seriously considered as a plan is a damning indictment of this administration.

Guest bimpy474

Pardews got a negative mentality and is a horrendous c***. There you go. I get Crack on Bimpy.

I'm saying nowt  :huff:

:lol:

Fair play to you.

:lol: I'm happy to take mantle from here on in.

:snod:

Didn't Marv supposedly fail a medical at Liverpool, which he 'strongly disputed'?

As far as I remember Liverpools medical officer confirmed he didnt fail his medical.

As already mentioned, the relief will be bliss if we win this, alternatively if we draw then waiting for the Wigan game on Tuesday is going to be tough.

If we lose I'm just going to throw myself out of the window.

Guest ItalianMagpie

If we lose we're as good as gone.

Wigan are (hopefully) gonna lose to Arsenal, but this will get Villa to safety. On the final day, the Latics are therefore beating Villa at home while we're more than likely losing to Arsenal, overtaking us by goal difference (unless they get seriously thrashed at Emirates).

We need to win this, or at least a point.