Sir Alex Ferguson

Smal
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Apparently plays down Lampard's and Gerrard's abilities. A man of his professional pedigree, still feeling the urge to belittle such influential players' ability. I regard him as one the greats to have ever been involved in the game, but that's beyond me. What purpose does it serve?

Apparently plays down Lampard's and Gerrard's abilities. A man of his professional pedigree, still feeling the urge to belittle such influential players' ability. I regard him as one the greats to have ever been involved in the game, but that's beyond me. What purpose does it serve?

Headlines that help him make money whilst selling his book.

Guessing they may have turned down the chance to go to them then possibly?

Guest firetotheworks

I really doubt that he would say those things in his autobiography if he didn't genuinely hold those opinions.

Just offering his opinion/selling books, tbf. Don't see the issue.

Gerrard and Lampard are both overrated in this country FWIW.

Really? Depends what position we're placing them at.

I personally think Lampard is easily one of the greatest midfielders this league has seen in the past 20 years. I'm well aware he has limitations and I'm not saying he's better than certain other midfielders in that time period in other countries, because he's not, but - boring or not - it's impossible to ignore his phenomenal scoring record. It's absurd. That's due to his intelligence, composure and underrated technique.

Gerrard, well, I'm obviously biased. He was clearly world-class back in his day but I think his "Captain Liverpool" image masked some deficiencies.

Gerrard and Lampard are both overrated in this country FWIW.

Overrated is harsh. They've probably scored about 400 goals between them from midfield and both won the CL, which is rare for an English player. Probably assisted a few hundred goals between them too.

Has all sorts of digs at Benitez as I predicted. Accusing him of not using Gerrard properly despite Gerrard having the best years of his career under Benitez.

And Gerrard and Lampard aren't over-rated. They aren't even rated by most of other fans. You should just have a look at average midtable team forum (13 teams) that it appears no fan rates them or reckon they can't get in their teams. It's about taking extreme measures.

I was watching Gerrard's 100 PL goals the other day, and how the fuck can someone say he was over-rated. It was saddening to see him losing his burst of speed and athleticism which was so apparent in many goals in that video...I guess Ferdinand, Terry, Rooney, etc should get ready to be called over-rated as well as they are approaching their twilight years.

Guest firetotheworks

I think the way in that they're overrated is that they were/are excellent players, but what they were capable of doing was exaggerated or added on top of what they were actually capable of by the media/whoever.

Guest Roger Kint

Keane sounds like a full blown psycho btw!

Wonder if Chiles has the balls to ask him about it tonight during the Arsenal game :lol: