Sir Alex Ferguson

Smal
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Scott Carson is a f***ing Champions League winner? :(

Aye.

Mind boggles how we beat Capello's Juve, Mourinho's Chelsea and Ancelotti's prime Milan in a row to win that competition.

Rafa was a genius. BISCAN, TRAORE, LE TALLEC, SCOT CARSON, Milan fucking Baros  :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

I heard they asked for Giggs not Scholes

Decky just told me. :lol:

The fuck would I read the Sunderland thread for?!

:lol: Thought it was in here too but theres only a mention of it.

Guest Roger Kint

Sorry for the Giggs lads but I thought you'd love it. :lol:

Is it even true? I know everyone assumes its fake but i want to believe it :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

I'd be startled if he'd written that much about Sunderland, let alone say those things.

Yeah that and the Newcastle one do seem too much. SBR sure but not us.

Why, though? There was a (brief) time when we were their closest rivals - and one of his earlier patented Jedi mind tricks was making KK explode live on air. It stands to reason that he does give us more than a passing thought...?

Guest Roger Kint

Why, though? There was a (brief) time when we were their closest rivals - and one of his earlier patented Jedi mind tricks was making KK explode live on air. It stands to reason that he does give us more than a passing thought...?

That would be more about KK than us as a club though

Guest Roger Kint

Ferguson has previously spoke of us as a sleeping giant. His wee club in the north east comment was out of character for him.

If he included everything he ever said about clubs it would be a 5 volume set of books. Until theres any proof i take this sort of thing with a huge pinch of salt

Guest Roger Kint

I think the quotes are faked but it wouldn't surprise me to hear him talk positively about NUFC. The sunderland one is almost too good to be true.

So in conclusion you agree? :thup:

Talking about Vieira, anyone remember Petit? For a time he was absolutely immense. Looking back at all the top midfielders who have played in the PL, I think Yaya Toure on his day is as good as any of them. Another player who was also very good in his day was Gilberto for Arsenal. I personally believe he was better than Vieira.

Silva wasn't better than Vieira. :lol:

Silva was a more defensive player than Vieira and especially Toure. Petit/Silva is a better comparison and yeah I would say Silva was better.

Just seen the Brendan Rodgers whinge about the Ferguson book.

First of all him trying to claim that people will remember Fergie more now for "his bitterness in this book" than his accomplishments is a load of absolute bollocks.

Second, him going on about the class and history of Liverpool and how Fergie comes across as bitter because "he resented chasing them for so many years"

I know he's trying to suck up to the scousers but get over yourself Brendan.