Sir Alex Ferguson

Smal
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've never thought Gerrard was quite as good as Lampard and certainly not peak Scholes, but he's had many good games against top players.

Gerrard and Lampard have never been world-class

Guest palnese

I've never thought Gerrard was quite as good as Lampard and certainly not peak Scholes, but he's had many good games against top players.

Gerrard won the CL on his own.

He didn't like but it's nice to say. He's a match-winner no doubt and his last mniute goal against Olympiakos was a great moment. Benitez bringing on Hamann was the difference in the final. AC thought the game was won and that was the game changer.

That is nonsense, like. Absolute rubbish.

If Frank Lampard wasn't world class, there's less than 20 players in the last 10 years who have been.

Both were world class between 2005-2009.

During which Chelsea made 5 CL semis in 6 years, Liverpool made 3 semis, and 2 finals winning a CL.

Lampard and Gerrard went head to head with some of the best players in the world in that period in big games and came through as winners with influence.

The self-hating English mentality strikes again.

This is Liverpool's line up against Juventus in Quarter Finals of CL 2005. I mean, you compare the teams and it's mind boggling how the outcome pan out. And it's not as they had some mug managing them, it was Fabio Capello. Gerrard and Lampard won games at Camp Nou, Bernabeu, Meazza (San Siro), Del Alpi, Old Trafford etc in that time period in high stake claims doing MOTM performances. They had over 100 goals and assists between them in those 5 years. Not world class, my ass.

Scott Carson - Gigi Buffon

Steve Finnan - Jon Zebina

Djimi Traore - Gianluca Zambrotta

Sami Hyypia - Lilian Thuram

Jamie Carragher - Fabio Cannavaro

John Arne Riise - Mauro Camoranesi

Steven Gerrard - Pavel Nedved

Igor Biscan - Emerson

Le Tallec - Manuele Blesi

Luis Garcia - Alessandro Del Piero

Milan Baros - Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Come on. :lol:

I rate Lampard higher than Gerrard but both have been world class for their clubs, without a shadow of a doubt.

"Is he the best in the world? He might not get the attention of Lionel Messi and Ronaldo but yes, I think he just might be," said Zidane.

"If you don't have a player like Steven Gerrard, who is the engine room, it can affect the whole team.

"When we were winning league titles and European Cups at Real, I always said Claude Makelele was our most important player. There is no way myself, (Luis) Figo or Raul would have been able to do what we did without Claude and the same goes for Liverpool and Gerrard."

"When Claude left us for Chelsea I campaigned for us to buy Patrick Vieira – and Gerrard is now in the same mould as him.

"For many years Patrick was the most complete midfielder in the world and now that award must go to Gerrard."

Zidane, who has recently been linked with a return to the Bernabeu to take on a consultant's role, insisted that Gerrard's influence on the rest of the squad is what makes him a true legend at Anfield. Taking nothing away from his talent as a player the Frenchman added: "No team will be successful without a heartbeat and you can see Gerrard is that heartbeat.

"He has great passing ability, can tackle and scores goals, but most importantly he gives the players around him confidence and belief. You can't learn that – players like him are just born with that presence."

Guest Howaythetoon

Talking about Vieira, anyone remember Petit? For a time he was absolutely immense. Looking back at all the top midfielders who have played in the PL, I think Yaya Toure on his day is as good as any of them. Another player who was also very good in his day was Gilberto for Arsenal. I personally believe he was better than Vieira.

Talking about Vieira, anyone remember Petit? For a time he was absolutely immense. Looking back at all the top midfielders who have played in the PL, I think Yaya Toure on his day is as good as any of them. Another player who was also very good in his day was Gilberto for Arsenal. I personally believe he was better than Vieira.

Silva wasn't better than Vieira. :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Let me clarify...

I reckon, for a brief spell, he was. My brother in law who supports Arsenal thinks the same too. I'm not saying he was a better player and had a better career at Arsenal, just that for a spell Gilberto was better than Vieira for Arsenal. My brother in law says he was probably their best player overall in the year they went unbeaten, even better than Vieira.

Guest firetotheworks

Your brother in law doesn't automatically know more because he supports Arsenal, but obviously he'll have seen more. I find that incredibly hard to believe though. :lol:

Come on. :lol:

Walter out to fish. He must've been :lol:

Silva wasn't better than Vieira. :lol:

:thup:

Gilberto did his work and was very important player for Arsenal, but nowhere near the quality of Vieira.

After some comparisons I've seen HTT make I'm fairly certain they all sniff massive lines of ketamine before a match starts.

:lol:

TBF Gilberto was considered one of their most important player, but better than Vieira? No.