Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Going back the Champions League discussions - I'll be interested to see what happens to football worldwide in the next 10 years or so.  From an English perspective, I'm not sure when the money will begin to dry up, but I'm convinced it will as more and more people realise that at the start of every season there are realistically only 4 teams (at the most) who can win the league and then about 13 teams whose only aim is to finish above 17th.  The longer that goes on, people will begin to lose interest and realise that paying £50 to go and watch Norwich vs Stoke isn't worth it or paying £1000 a year to watch every PL game isn't worth it. 

More and more people I know (who are massive football fans) aren't bothering with Sky anymore and I can't believe there won't be a downward trend if Sky continue to put their prices up and football continues to be spread among different content providers.

It might be a product of getting older, being married and having a job, but I don't watch much CL football at all now.  I'm not interested in seeing the same teams play each other each year.  Not sure what the viewing figures have been like over the years for CL football, but I'd be interested to know how many people watch it on BT Sport this year.

The bubble will only burst if something happens that causes the value of live sporting events to decrease. Right now it's at an all-time high globally with no signs of slowing down.

In the US, NBC paid $250m for three years of Premier League rights and this upcoming season is year three. At the very least NBC, ESPN, and Fox will be bidding for the next cycle and the PL has said they will accept both three-year and six-year bids but will only sign a six-year deal that blows them away. If it's a three year deal I expect it will be at least double what NBC paid just two years ago. A six-year deal they might go for would probably be in the $1.2-1.5 billion range.

The amount of money Premier League clubs have is only going up for the foreseeable future.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/aug/03/premier-league-2015-16-preview-newcastle-united

Not a fan of Louise Taylor and by no means goes far enough but has to be the first time I've read a pundit acknowledge that under Pardew we played negatively.

Particularly like the bit where she loses just decides to write about popular television.

The brilliant, most definitely three-dimensional, Israeli series (also known as Hatufim) on which Homeland is based, is big on the sort of subtlety, emotional intelligence, wonderful understatement and breathtaking changes of pace sometimes lacking in its American successor.