Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Sadly I've met quite a few American soccer fans who first became interested in the sport because of that movie.

I met one in New York in June. :lol: We recommended him The Firm.

Hopefully the original?

Every American I've ever met* has mentioned Green Street. They're floored when I tell them I haven't seen it.

*yes. Every single one of them. Fuck you.

There was a guy I worked with that would mention it every time I talked about football. He'd ask what I was doing later that day and I'd say "just playing some soccer" and he'd go "Oh did you ever see that movie, Green Street Hooligans?" if I said I'd be watching footy later that day he'd go "ahh, like that movie, Green Street Hooligans, right?" It would be like clockwork. Couldn't actually tell whether he was fucking with me or not.

I saw a little of the movie a few months ago and the acting was god awful. Charlie Hunnam's cockney accent is worse than when Americans try to do a joke one.

Every American I've ever met* has mentioned Green Street. They're floored when I tell them I haven't seen it.

*yes. Every single one of them. f*** you.

Exactly the same here.

I refuse to see it just because of this, one friend in particular is still singing Forever Blowing Bubbles just because he loved the movie six years ago.

Sadly I've met quite a few American soccer fans who first became interested in the sport because of that movie.

I met one in New York in June. :lol: We recommended him The Firm.

Hopefully the original?

Of course. :lol:

Hopefully most Americans will put down their $5 dvd's and watch the league now: http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/10/nbc-sports-agrees-to-six-year-extension-as-exclusive-home-of-premier-league-in-the-us/?utm_network=twitter&utm_post=4055073&utm_source=TW%20%40NBCSportsSoccer&utm_tags=srm%5Bsoccer%2Carticle%5D

Six more years on NBC, thankfully, distinctly the best Premier League broadcaster we've had.