Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

How long a flight is it that he'd say "finally landed in Marseille"?

He's from Stoke. Going from Hanley to Burslem is like having an exotic adventure to a Potter.

A relative of mine used to live in Hanley. Utterly grim place.

I used to play football in the Staffordshire leagues. Sub-human scum. Stoke / Hanley would give Mos Eisley a run for its money.

Aye, but you cannit get oatcakes in Mos Eisley!

Barça's president will submit himself to a motion of confidence in this summer's assembly, after the club pleaded guilty to tax fraud in the Neymar signing.

He could well lose this one, but I'm terrible at predicting how those assemblies go. I have never been selected for one!

What's going on with all the tax shenanigans at Barça? Messi and Mascherano and that.

The club is not involved in those two cases. What was being judged here was how Neymar's transfer had been conducted on the tax front. Mostly we paid him a huge signup fee, and we reported it as a transfer fee, which is taxed less than a salary. The taxman said "no, it's a wage", and we had to pony up back dated tax (€13 million) and a €5 million fine.

Spanish authorities have been forced to give those blood bags to WADA. The doctor arises from doped many cyclists but was also once an employee of FC Barcelona.

DNA tests of wider Spanish based sportsmen active in 2006 may have interesting results...

What's going on with all the tax shenanigans at Barça? Messi and Mascherano and that.

The club is not involved in those two cases. What was being judged here was how Neymar's transfer had been conducted on the tax front. Mostly we paid him a huge signup fee, and we reported it as a transfer fee, which is taxed less than a salary. The taxman said "no, it's a wage", and we had to pony up back dated tax (€13 million) and a €5 million fine.

Thanks. So, what's going on with all the tax shenanigans at Barça? Messi and Mascherano and that. :)

Opening Premier League fixtures:

13 August:

AFC Bournemouth v Manchester United

Arsenal v Liverpool

Burnley v Swansea City

Chelsea v West Ham United

Crystal Palace v West Bromwich Albion

Everton v Tottenham Hotspur

Hull City v Leicester City

Manchester City v Sunderland

Middlesbrough v Stoke City

Southampton v Watford