Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Guest bimpy474

There's a kid my eldest boys u11's who's nearly as tall as me (5ft 8) and has size 7 1/2 feet. He's crap like but a big f***er.

:lol: My little cousin is 5 foot 8 and about 100 kg at nine. Useless fat man unfortunately. Maybe humans are evolving, because he wouldn't standout in a rich country at that size. People are massive where nourishment is overly abundant.

:lol:

Suicide bombers die in failed plot at Ethiopia soccer match

-------------------

(Reuters) - Two Somali suicide bombers who had planned to kill soccer fans during Ethiopia's World Cup qualifying match against Nigeria on Sunday blew themselves up accidentally before carrying out the attack, the Ethiopian government said on Monday.

The explosion on Sunday happened in the upscale Bole district of the capital, about 5 km (3 miles) from Addis Ababa Stadium where thousands of fans were gathering for the match.

"They were Somali nationals and plotted to carry out a suicide attack disguised as fans on either the stadium or areas where large crowds gathered to watch the game," government spokesman Shimeles Kemal said.

Explosives, arms, hand grenades and football shirts were found at the scene of the blast, at a residential address an hour before kick-off, Shimeles said. Three suspects were detained. The Bole district has a small Somali refugee community.

"Heavy police presence must have caused their nervousness and state of agitation which led to the detonation that caused their own death," Shimeles said.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility.

Somalia's al Shabaab Islamist rebels have vowed to exact revenge on Ethiopia for sending troops to Somalia to fight the al Qaeda-linked militants, alongside African Union forces from Uganda, Burundi and Kenya.

Ethiopia says it has thwarted attacks over the past two years which it has blamed on domestic rebel groups as well as the Somali insurgents.

However, it has so far been spared the sorts of attacks carried out in nearby countries - such as the siege at the Nairobi mall last month and an attack on football fans in Uganda in 2010.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/10/14/us-ethiopia-bomb-idUSBRE99D0O820131014

---------------

Also:

Igiebor injured as Eagles bus stoned

Nosa Igiebor suffered a cut on his right palm as the Nigeria team bus was attacked

Posted: 14 October 2013 Time: 01:37 pm

Print this article

Midfielder Nosa Igiebor suffered a cut on his right palm as the Nigeria team bus was attacked by irate Ethiopia fans after Sunday's 2-1 win by Nigeria.

The Nigeria bus was delayed from leaving the stadium, and when they eventually did, the waiting fans hurled missiles at the bus, shattering the rear window.

The Betis midfielder was hit on the hand by a big stone, giving him a big slash with serious bleeding which needed immediate attention of team doctor Ibrahim Gyaran.

NFF General Secretary Musa Amadu explained that the incident forced the players to miss the dinner organized in their honour by the Nigerian embassy in Ethiopia.

"Their bus was stoned, and a player was injured," Amadu told the gathering. "As a result, the players do not feel safe enough to come out from their hotel."

NFF Vice President, Chief Mike Umeh, said the matter has been reported to the FIFA Security team at the match venue and he hopes action will be taken.

The matter was also reported to the Ethiopian Police by Eagles Chief security Officer, ACP Baba Abubakar.

Article by: Colin Udoh

There's a kid my eldest boys u11's who's nearly as tall as me (5ft 8) and has size 7 1/2 feet. He's crap like but a big f***er.

:lol: My little cousin is 5 foot 8 and about 100 kg at nine. Useless fat man unfortunately. Maybe humans are evolving, because he wouldn't standout in a rich country at that size. People are massive where nourishment is overly abundant.

Don't want to turn this into a discussion on your cousins size, but he would definitely stand out in most "Rich" countries.

Don't want to turn this into a discussion on your cousins size, but he would definitely stand out in most "Rich" countries.

Well, mostly America I meant. America is land of the beasts. So many people there are tall and/or massive from a young age.

Well, mostly America I meant. America is land of the beasts. So many people there are tall and/or massive from a young age.

Fair enough, I don't know much about that apart than their reputation for being fat.

To you other post; are these things happening in Africa from tim to time, or is it increasing? I of course remember the Togo-incident, and the Ivory Coast - Senegal from last year, but apart from that I haven't heard of much.

Still undecided on him. Way too much trouble when he's on the pitch but can't argue with his performances in 2013. He's topping the goalscoring charts in a league with Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi in it!

If he keeps that level that sorts our striker situation for the next two World Cups. Plus we need his kind of aggressiveness upfront.

I didn't mean in a footballing sense, there is no doubt that he is a brilliant footballer, however big an idiot he is.

I meant in light of the "Januzaj-discussion". Correct me if I am mistaken, but he moved to Spain when he was 19? Surely, that does not make him Spanish, and he should play for Brazil. In my view.

He never played professionally in Brazil either, got his break in Portugal then here. He's lived in Spain for 6 years now and to all matters of the law he's as Spanish as I am. Why shouldn't he be able to play for us if he wishes so?

It's not like, say, Ibaka in basketball, who got his nationalization fast-tracked just so he could play for the Spanish team and only lived a couple years here (:anguish:)

He wasn't a Spanish national then.

We'll see what he decides when he gets two call ups next month. Ultimately, I don't think there's anything inherently wrong about a footballer playing for a different country if that's his choice, particularly since FIFA cut the loopholes about dodgy nationalization laws.

Guest firetotheworks

The lines are totally blurred, but imo the whole question of nationality should be as weighted within your cultural upbringing as it is with genetics.

I don't think place of birth should really come into it at all if you've been brought up elsewhere. Even though I think each case should be reviewed in itself, 19 is clearly taking the absolute piss.

As long as people make the decision for the right reasons, they identify with the country for whatever reason, then I don't think anything else matters. The feelings of the individual are everything.

The problem is that we need to stop, for example, Qatar assembling a team of foreigners because they pay the most, or people picking a country because they're better. That's hard to solve.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't know? One of my best friends is a Cuban that fled the country when he was 22. He considers himself to be Spanish now, this is the country that welcomed him, that gave him a job, etc...

People get too hung up with nationality, imho.

I wouldn't tell someone what nationality they are in the same way that I wouldn't tell a grown up transvestite that they're not a woman. That doesn't change my views on it though and I think saying 'people get too hung up on nationality' is totally right, but only outside of the context of a competition where the entire premise is based upon each nation vs the other.

Without that it renders the entire competition totally pointless. I don't think you should be able to adopt a culture in your adult life and deny your genetics and the culture that you've grown up in for over 20 years, even if it feels wrong, or unfair, or if you want to forget all about it. Within society I wouldn't question it, but when it comes to representing a country in sport, it really does imo.

As long as people make the decision for the right reasons, they identify with the country for whatever reason, then I don't think anything else matters. The feelings of the individual are everything.

The problem is that we need to stop, for example, Qatar assembling a team of foreigners because they pay the most, or people picking a country because they're better. That's hard to solve.

And until we can probe footballers' minds (I'm sure that Costa will come with some pretty convincing language about Spain being the country that gave him a chance as a footballer if he ends up chosing us), we can only set some rules for all. The 5-year rule does a pretty good job of filtering out the most blatant cases, imho, like what used to happen with Qatar.