Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Don Cowie sounds like it should be the name of a pre-WWI footballer. For instance my grandfather used to talk about the great Don Cowie, who would smoke a pipe whilst playing and was sometimes late for matches because he'd been trapped down the mines.

Southampton manager (Pochawhatever), looks a good manager but does it annoy anyone else he clearly can't be f***ed to learn English? :lol:

apparently he can speak English fine but doesn't want to talk to the media in english :dontknow:

Maybe he doesn't want to make a fool of myself. Theoretically, I know enough French to write statements, answer simple questions, and recite them for the media, but I would be reluctant because it may make me appear less intelligent.

Southampton manager (Pochawhatever), looks a good manager but does it annoy anyone else he clearly can't be f***ed to learn English? :lol:

apparently he can speak English fine but doesn't want to talk to the media in english :dontknow:

Maybe he doesn't want to make a fool of myself. Theoretically, I know enough French to write statements, answer simple questions, and recite them for the media, but I would be reluctant because it may make me appear less intelligent.

I think it's cool as fuck. With his interpreter dubbed on, he looks like the villain in a ninja movie.

Thats mental.  Terrible thing to sing to fellow german fans.

Dresden do have a history of having a Neo-Nazi element to their ultras.  But still

http://inbedwithmaradona.com/journal/2011/10/25/reconstructing-an-identity-this-is-dynamo-dresden.html

So far in the new 2011/12 season, it’s been all quiet on the hooligan front, which will come as great news to the club’s fan liaison officers, who have been working at stamping out the far right at the club for a few years now. The only incident reminiscent of the club’s recent dark days came in their home game against Eintracht Frankfurt at the end of September. And it was the Eintracht fans, not those of Dynamo, who made the headlines for the wrong reasons. In a senseless gesture, the fans in the away end of the Glücksgas Stadion sported a banner headed “Bombs on Dynamo” and an image of planes dropping bombs on the city and the fans. The public image of Dynamo is much-improved, especially this season.

Edit:  Here's the same incident from the Dresden end, where they were chanting about Frankfurt being Jews, which might be what prompted it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyAYPNznQZA

Guest Craig-NUFC

Anyone watching bt sport? Something must have happened at the start because they've been apologising and some guy has been kicked off the panel.

Apparently it was Rafa Honigstein joking about the Ginola wanker sign by doing a wanker sign on air. :lol:

Anyone watching bt sport? Something must have happened at the start because they've been apologising and some guy has been kicked off the panel.

Apparently it was Rafa Honigstein joking about the Ginola wanker sign by doing a wanker sign on air. :lol:

No way.  :lol: gerrin, wankception.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Ah right. What was his problem with ginola?  :lol:

Ginola did it yesterday to Jake Humphrey and Honigstein did it tonight just taking the piss but didn't realise they were on air.