Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Guest firetotheworks

DJ Campbell now one of six arrested for match-fixing.

Easy to fix certain outcomes like yellow cards and sending offs even at PL I guess.

This is the worry and it may not be the score but red cards effect games in a huge way, jail these c***s for a long time.

Pretty certain Matt Le Tissier said he'd try to put the ball out from kick off for a throw in as he'd put bets on time of first throw in.

You are 100% correct.

www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public/football/article3943383.ece

It is going back a few years now, but I remember being told to bet on a specific game in the Barclays Premier League. I was told a heavy defeat for one side was guaranteed. It was an end-of-the-season fixture, with nothing much resting on it. I didn’t, but was not surprised at all when the scores rolled in, and, sure enough, there had been a hammering.

One bizarre end of season result springs to mind...

www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public/football/article3943383.ece

It is going back a few years now, but I remember being told to bet on a specific game in the Barclays Premier League. I was told a heavy defeat for one side was guaranteed. It was an end-of-the-season fixture, with nothing much resting on it. I didn’t, but was not surprised at all when the scores rolled in, and, sure enough, there had been a hammering.

One bizarre end of season result springs to mind...

Boro-Citeh?

Guest firetotheworks

Arsenal Boro when McClaren played loads of kids. I can't remember if it was near the end of the season though.

Chelsea Villa under Hiddink. There are probably loads of possibilities.

I'd be really interested to know what, if any, police investigation there was re: Matt Le Tissier. It's always seemed a real elephant in the room to me. People have genuinely gone to prison for less in the last few years in cricket yet just because he had retired by the time he revealed it, and because he cocked it up, it gets treated as a bit of a joke.

Soccer Saturday don't tend to mention stuff outside the Premier League when they're chatting but I'd love to see the subject broached and see how he reacted. Might be a good time for a week off.

I'd be really interested to know what, if any, police investigation there was re: Matt Le Tissier. It's always seemed a real elephant in the room to me. People have genuinely gone to prison for less in the last few years in cricket yet just because he had retired by the time he revealed it, and because he cocked it up, it gets treated as a bit of a joke.

Soccer Saturday don't tend to mention stuff outside the Premier League when they're chatting but I'd love to see the subject broached and see how he reacted. Might be a good time for a week off.

From his Wiki page "The event was investigated by Hampshire Police but the Crown Prosecution Service refused to take the case further, citing that it did "not represent appropriate use of police resources" and "would not be in the public interest"