Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Our takeover is definitely happening, apparently. Announced next week. All people seem to know is that it is more Americans.

Knowing our luck, Gillette and Hicks.

Nah, it'll be Mark Cuban or someone else wonderful.

A new competition for Premier League and Championship clubs to field B teams will be considered by the Football Association on Wednesday.

It is being proposed that the teams could play in a league sandwiched between League Two and the Conference.

Another option is to merge League Two and the Conference with the B teams to form two regional leagues.

The proposals are part of FA chairman Greg Dyke's commission on the future of the national team.

It is understood that the Premier League and Football League clubs are broadly in favour of the B team concept, which would be predominantly made up of homegrown players, but have reservations about how it might fit into the pyramid and the knock-on effects to other leagues and competitions.

One question is whether current League Two clubs would be relegated into the Conference or the new B team league if they went down. The other difficult issue is how far could B teams be promoted?

Despite those worries, one source told the BBC that following more than 300 interviews with clubs and other stakeholders in the game, led by research consultant Peter Beverley, there was a universal acceptance that a major overhaul was needed to ensure big clubs' reserve teams and younger English talent were being given more regular, competitive football.

Commission members point to the fact that clubs in Spain, France and Germany all play B teams in competitive leagues - thought to be a big factor in those countries developing talent.

Dyke is believed to be keen to open the debate about the state of the national game ahead of the World Cup finals in Brazil which kick off on 12 June.

There is a determination to get on the front foot ahead of the tournament to pre-empt the inevitable debate which will follow if Roy Hodgson's England team put in a disappointing performance in Brazil.

Ironically the emergence of players like Raheem Sterling at Liverpool and Adam Lallana at Southampton have taken some of the heat out of that debate in recent months.

And some senior figures inside the FA are urging Dyke to hold fire until after the competition and until all the finer details of the commission's proposals are ironed out.

The Dyke commission was set up last autumn to try and address ongoing concerns about the strength of the English national team and the lack of top-class English talent forcing its way through into Premier League first teams.

The commission, which includes former England manager Glenn Hoddle, former Leeds boss Howard Wilkinson and ex-Crewe manager Dario Gradi, is aiming to deal with two major questions - the pathway for players aged between 17 and 21 and grassroots facilities.

While it is thought the commission has done extensive work on the first question, the issue of grassroots football is not yet complete.

Other proposals expected to go before the FA board on Wednesday include a shake-up of the loan system and changes to the homegrown player quotas operated by Premier League and Football League clubs.

But it is the B team proposal that promises to be the most controversial.

Listening to that guy at 47mins is the nearest that I've ever heard to how I hear myself when I talk about Pardew, at all.

It's very hard to do it justice on a show like that, felt sorry for the lad trying to grasp at everything that's happened over the last three years in a short phone call. The only way you can sum it up appropriately is to do a Powerpoint presentation like IP.

Since 2010, I dread to think how many words I've written re: what a shit cunt he is, and I'll have left plenty out.

:lol: I do have that on video, nee chance am I sharing it though. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Listening to that guy at 47mins is the nearest that I've ever heard to how I hear myself when I talk about Pardew, at all.

It's very hard to do it justice on a show like that, felt sorry for the lad trying to grasp at everything that's happened over the last three years in a short phone call. The only way you can sum it up appropriately is to do a Powerpoint presentation like IP.

Since 2010, I dread to think how many words I've written re: what a s*** c*** he is, and I'll have left plenty out.

Howeh, at least share the powerpoint file.

Since 2010, I dread to think how many words I've written re: what a s*** c*** he is, and I'll have left plenty out.

Howeh, at least share the powerpoint file.

:lol: There isn't one.  It was a course on presentation skills and the onus was more on how you present, so it's just me ranting and raving without any slides.

I totes forgot to mention him headbutting a player though, couldn't believe it.

Our takeover is definitely happening, apparently. Announced next week. All people seem to know is that it is more Americans.

Cuban would be a good owner....he is not afraid to spend some money for the right players, but it is also a very good business man. Perhaps their really is a middle ground for club ownership.

Cuban would be a good owner....he is not afraid to spend some money for the right players, but it is also a very good business man. Perhaps their really is a middle ground for club ownership.

Crazy talk.  The two options are Man City or Leeds, there's nothing inbetween.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

A new competition for Premier League and Championship clubs to field B teams will be considered by the Football Association on Wednesday.

It is being proposed that the teams could play in a league sandwiched between League Two and the Conference.

Another option is to merge League Two and the Conference with the B teams to form two regional leagues.

The proposals are part of FA chairman Greg Dyke's commission on the future of the national team.

It is understood that the Premier League and Football League clubs are broadly in favour of the B team concept, which would be predominantly made up of homegrown players, but have reservations about how it might fit into the pyramid and the knock-on effects to other leagues and competitions.

One question is whether current League Two clubs would be relegated into the Conference or the new B team league if they went down. The other difficult issue is how far could B teams be promoted?

Despite those worries, one source told the BBC that following more than 300 interviews with clubs and other stakeholders in the game, led by research consultant Peter Beverley, there was a universal acceptance that a major overhaul was needed to ensure big clubs' reserve teams and younger English talent were being given more regular, competitive football.

Commission members point to the fact that clubs in Spain, France and Germany all play B teams in competitive leagues - thought to be a big factor in those countries developing talent.

Dyke is believed to be keen to open the debate about the state of the national game ahead of the World Cup finals in Brazil which kick off on 12 June.

There is a determination to get on the front foot ahead of the tournament to pre-empt the inevitable debate which will follow if Roy Hodgson's England team put in a disappointing performance in Brazil.

Ironically the emergence of players like Raheem Sterling at Liverpool and Adam Lallana at Southampton have taken some of the heat out of that debate in recent months.

And some senior figures inside the FA are urging Dyke to hold fire until after the competition and until all the finer details of the commission's proposals are ironed out.

The Dyke commission was set up last autumn to try and address ongoing concerns about the strength of the English national team and the lack of top-class English talent forcing its way through into Premier League first teams.

The commission, which includes former England manager Glenn Hoddle, former Leeds boss Howard Wilkinson and ex-Crewe manager Dario Gradi, is aiming to deal with two major questions - the pathway for players aged between 17 and 21 and grassroots facilities.

While it is thought the commission has done extensive work on the first question, the issue of grassroots football is not yet complete.

Other proposals expected to go before the FA board on Wednesday include a shake-up of the loan system and changes to the homegrown player quotas operated by Premier League and Football League clubs.

Don't think it will be viable. I'd go for the more controversial feeder club alternative

Thought Nathan handled himself impeccably.

It's embarrassing that the presenters/pundits were falling over themselves to try and prove the lad wrong.

In regards to that B team league proposition, what is the difference in that and the reserve leagues? As Disco said, it's even more of an excuse for the likes of Chelsea to snap up all the youngsters from across Europe.

Extremely harsh on the teams down there, would make the big teams even bigger (and greedier) and would make it nigh-on impossible for a conference team to make it into the Football League.

Utterly pointless exercise.

Price?

220m or something like that.

Lerner paid 65m.

However, it is pretty amazing that even buying and then selling for such a higher fee, he will still have lost loads of money over that period.

The way we have been run has been nuts. So many expesnive, not very good players, on massive wages, walking away for nothing. Lerner's been a good one for providing the cash (till last two seasons), but has zero idea how to run a football club.

A fool and his money etc etc.

By the time he realised MON was fucking nuts and put his foot down, it was too late.

Apparently, this is believed to be the conversation which caused MON to walk out.

MON: "I want to buy Aiden McGeady"

Lerner: "How much will it cost?"

MON: "As much as it takes"

Lerner: "Which is how much?"

MON: "As much as it takes".

Crazy talk.  The two options are Man City or Leeds, there's nothing inbetween.

:D

Price?

220m or something like that.

Lerner paid 65m.

However, it is pretty amazing that even buying and then selling for such a higher fee, he will still have lost loads of money over that period.

The way we have been run has been nuts. So many expesnive, not very good players, on massive wages, walking away for nothing. Lerner's been a good one for providing the cash (till last two seasons), but has zero idea how to run a football club.

A fool and his money etc etc.

By the time he realised MON was f***ing nuts and put his foot down, it was too late.

Apparently, this is believed to be the conversation which caused MON to walk out.

MON: "I want to buy Aiden McGeady"

Lerner: "How much will it cost?"

MON: "As much as it takes"

Lerner: "Which is how much?"

MON: "As much as it takes".

You're fucking off your nut if you buy a football club like. Hiding to nothing.