Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Ashley Williams taking lead from Pards: "thank God we're not in Europe"

Guillem Balague going mad about it on Twitter.

Don't blame him. Why would Swansea be afraid of the Europa League FFS? So they can concentrate on finishing 8th? Hate how finishing in the top half seems to be considered an amazing achievement these days. I've been hearing how Swansea, Stoke and West Ham have had amazing seasons. Rubbish.

Makes no sense. Even if they go full pards (you never go full pards), they certainly can't be afraid of relegation. What's the point?

Is it because of the PL prize money? Better stick the moneybags in the trophy cabinet and broadcast them to all fans in thursday nights then.

Makes no sense. Even if they go full pards (you never go full pards), they certainly can't be afraid of relegation. What's the point?

Is it because of the PL prize money? Better stick the moneybags in the trophy cabinet and broadcast them to all fans in thursday nights then.

It's now become an attitude that is all-encompassing throughout the English game, that the Europa is to be avoided at all costs and that it will have disastrous consequences for anyone who enters.

It just doesn't make sense on any level except for the teams that fluked a FA cup final. Hull for example, a 10% dip in league performance would equal relegation. But Swansea? If they lose 10 points in a season due to the EL it's worth the Cup run. They'll still comfortably stay up with games to spare. Spurs too. They've got more chance of winning an easy group stage where half the top lads can stay home, beating Olympiacos, Ajax, Brugge, Napoli & Sevilla to qualify for the CL than beating 2 out of the top 5 over the course of a league campaign.

Continue to ignore the EL and we'll  lose a European slot for the CL. We are living off the years Man Utd & Chelsea regularly ran deep into the CL.

There's no prizes for finishing bloody 8th either. Nothing to look forward to more than if we finished 15th. I hated our fans talking about finishing 8th with a new manager. Either we try to get into Europe & win trophies or we need a new owner. I would hate to be Swansea & Stoke of this season. Hate. To be honest - this relegation battle has been more interesting and we may even  win it (by getting relegated).

Continue to ignore the EL and we'll  lose a European slot for the CL. We are living off the years Man Utd & Chelsea regularly ran deep into the CL.

It's how it happened to Italy, won't be too long till it happens if the attitude doesn't change IMO.

Guest antz1uk

It's how it happened to Italy, won't be too long till it happens if the attitude doesn't change IMO.

if juventus win the CL we already do, our co-efficient drops and from the year after next it'd be down to 3 CL places, surprised this hasnt been picked up yet, sky will be shitting themselves as the top 4 will no longer be, hope it's the beginning of the end for sky tbh

Guest antz1uk

i meant the bigger picture of 'the top four' hype, what they gonna do when it's the chase for the top three

if juventus win the CL we already do, our co-efficient drops and from the year after next it'd be down to 3 CL places, surprised this hasnt been picked up yet, sky will be shitting themselves as the top 4 will no longer be, hope it's the beginning of the end for sky tbh

We'll save England. For Saint George!

(Although I think Serie A can't catch the PL until the next season at the earliest, regardless of what Juve do)

Guest antz1uk

(Although I think Serie A can't catch the PL until the next season at the earliest, regardless of what Juve do)

http://www.cityam.com/215768/arsenal-chelsea-and-other-premier-league-champions-league-places-under-threat-juventus

yeah, season after is when the coefficient is set to drop, 5yr after chelsea wont the CL

http://www.cityam.com/215768/arsenal-chelsea-and-other-premier-league-champions-league-places-under-threat-juventus

yeah, season after is when the coefficient is set to drop, 5yr after chelsea wont the CL

Would've been this season if it was an all Italian EL final and Juve won the CL, IIRC.

It would have been good if the CL and EL rights were sold seperately. Sky could have gone for the EL and pumped their money there and make it at least interesting for the teams money wise. I don't buy the BS about playing Thursday-Sunday compared to playing Wednesday-Saturday.

UEFA needs to step in really. Why not have two seperate kick off times on Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday for both the EL and CL? Have a kick off at 6.00 pm for EL games and CL games start at 8.00 pm? Don't tell me that 6.00 pm doesn't work for working fans as it has been done in the EL for a while now. UEFA don't care about fans anyways.

And am I right thinking the UEFA Cup were on the same nights with Champions League before this? Or was it on Tuesday, Champions League on Wednesday and Cup Winners Cup on Thursday?