Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

ESPN FC ‏@ESPNFC  2m2 minutes ago

Full story on Manuel Pellegrini's contract extension at #MCFC: http://es.pn/1PamMxn 

Surprised at that like, thought they'd judge him on this season given how mediocre they were last year considering their squad.

Doubt it means much in all honesty, Guardiola becomes available and they'll hoy cash at him.

Aye fair comment, sometimes I forget about the bottomless pit.

Amazing how shit there defence is given how much money they've spent but obviously in the league it's masked by Silva and Aguero being two of, if not the best two, players in the league.

They are better than most think they are, they have finished top 2 for like 4 years running and the way some talk about them you would think they are a mid table team.

I said "for the amount of money they spend". Of course they're a good team but not near as good as Chelsea and I'd probably have Arsenal above them now too

I'm basing it on the fact that they were no challenge to Chelsea whatsoever, did shite in the Champions League and didn't win any cups.  The previous season they wouldn't have won the league if Liverpool hadn't faltered.  I'd have expected Pellegrini to be under a bit of pressure.

They are better than most think they are, they have finished top 2 for like 4 years running and the way some talk about them you would think they are a mid table team.

I said "for the amount of money they spend". Of course they're a good team but not near as good as Chelsea and I'd probably have Arsenal above them now too

They clearly are, last season was an anomaly because City did fuck all for first half the year and Wenger did his best tinkerman impression.

It won't happen again, i'm quite confident it will be a lot different this year and i wouldn't be surprised if City wins it a lot of people are sleeping on them.

How are they clearly as good as Chelsea? Chelsea are better in almost every area

Two 1-1 draws last year between them, in a season where City were apparently shit according to most on here. As i said they are being slept on and the criticism of their team compared to others is OTT.

What's dragged them there is the same players from 4 years ago though. Hart, Kompany, Zabaleta, Silva, Nasri, Milner, Aguero, Toure

I'm basing it on the fact that they were no challenge to Chelsea whatsoever, did shite in the Champions League and didn't win any cups.  The previous season they wouldn't have won the league if Liverpool hadn't faltered.  I'd have expected Pellegrini to be under a bit of pressure.

I think City are waiting for Pep and are happy to keep Pellegrini until he's available as long as he is in the top 4. The switch will happen next summer I reckon

From Mourinho

“There will be more times when the non-title contenders win matches against the title contenders.

“It’s also difficult because they have players who could play in our teams - Cabaye could play for Chelsea, Wijnaldum could play for Chelsea, Gradel could play for Chelsea.

“You have a minimum of five title contenders and the other teams get stronger and stronger.”

Guest chopey

The f*** happened to .com.

Didn't think it was possible to make that website look shitter but I was wrong.

Those adverts must be to fund the fact that they "GO TO EVERY GAME YOU KNOW"

With just 38 games to go until the end of the Premier League season, the maths is simple: Liverpool are in control of their Premier League destiny.

All they need to do is win their remaining games and the 19th league title that the club has craved for a quarter of a century will be theirs.

Unlike previous near misses, such as 2009’s late rally when the reds were banking on Manchester United slipping up during the title run-in, or 2014’s goal difference-fuelled three-way battle with Manchester City and Chelsea, Liverpool are now firmly in the driving seat.

Not since 1990 has top flight league silverware graced the Anfield trophy room, but now, with the title in their grasp as they enter what Sir Alex Ferguson famously called “squeaky-bum time”, that could all change in just nine months.

But being in touching distance of the Premier League trophy just over a year ago, the pressure will surely mount ever more between now and the end of the season on the champions elect.

Rodgers summed up the mood at pre-season training at Melwood yesterday: “It’s nice to be in control of our own destiny and not have anyone have games in hand over us”.

Captain Jordan Henderson added, “Who would have thought that at this stage of the season we’d be masters of our own fate? To be this close: we can finally dare to dream.”

“We go again. Just 38 more times.”

:lol: