Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Somehow I have never been aware of the Bradford City fire that happened in 1985. Was brought to my attention on Reddit today. Absolutely horrific. I've never seen a blaze spread so fast, and all from one cigarette. :(

Somehow I have never been aware of the Bradford City fire that happened in 1985. Was brought to my attention on Reddit today. Absolutely horrific. I've never seen a blaze spread so fast, and all from one cigarette. :(

Eh? How can you not know about it?

Next you will be saying that you don't know about the Munich air disaster.

It's probably something to do with me not being alive at the time, and I didn't support either of the teams, and it also isn't paraded on Facebook like the Munich air disaster or Hillsborough. Still, I'm surprised I hadn't heard of it.

It's probably something to do with me not being alive at the time, and I didn't support either of the teams, and it also isn't paraded on Facebook like the Munich air disaster or Hillsborough. Still, I'm surprised I hadn't heard of it.

It was before my time as well but pretty early on in my life I was aware of it. The only real disaster to happen to English clubs in recent times that would be easy not to know about would be Heysel as it's not reported as much.

Froggy is right in saying it's an easy one to miss, doesn't get publicised much.

The stories you hear about it man, old blokes found sat in their seat burnt to death. Deeply disturbing.

One of the most harrowing things I've seen is the footage of that one fan stumbling on the pitch, engulfed in flames.

It's horrible. He died in hospital the following day. The speed that those flames spread actually frightened me. People take small fires for granted, including myself.

there was a story a year or two ago about it being a fairly clear cut insurance scam too iirc as the owner had two previous properties burn down in very suspicious circumstances and he made a pretty penny on insurance payouts

there was a story a year or two ago about it being a fairly clear cut insurance scam too iirc as the owner had two previous properties burn down in very suspicious circumstances and he made a pretty penny on insurance payouts

Aye, heard the bloke (a survivor) investigating it on 5Live. Eight previous fires by his count.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/15/bradford-fire-stafford-heginbotham-martin-fletcher

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/15/bradford-fire-martin-fletcher-stafford-heginbotham

Aye, heard the bloke (a survivor) investigating it on 5Live. Eight previous fires by his count.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/15/bradford-fire-stafford-heginbotham-martin-fletcher

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/15/bradford-fire-martin-fletcher-stafford-heginbotham

FFS eight fires, insurance commpanies must have been fucking mugs then

A mate of mine was was in a mental hospital about ten years ago and he got to know this guy really well, turned out this geezer was the head groundsman at Valley Parade. The poor bastard had spent much of the twenty years since the fire in that place.

Quite a big fuss on twitter about Stoke fans' chants to Ramsey.  I was thinking shit it'll be something about his family or something.  Turns out...

@FA at some point you are going to do something with Stoke letting their fans happily chant "Aaron Ramsey, he walks with a limp"?

???  Really?

Quite a big fuss on twitter about Stoke fans' chants to Ramsey.  I was thinking s*** it'll be something about his family or something.  Turns out...

@FA at some point you are going to do something with Stoke letting their fans happily chant "Aaron Ramsey, he walks with a limp"?

???  Really?

They do it every year :lol: For some reason they considered it his fault that Shawcross broke his leg  :jesuswept: