Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Query for the oldies: my first visit to St James' Park was to see the team return from an unsuccessful cup final (oh how prophetic...). I remember walking through a maze of temporary hoardings, around Grey's Monument (think they were renovating it). I remember the team doing a lap of honour (...) around the pitch. Someone dressed as a Magpie dancing around them and a big fake cardboard cup was  being waved around. I know I was young, but can't figure out if it was 1974 or 1976? Was anybody there? Does anyone know?

[emoji38]

Buckled.  There's some amazing quotes in that piece.

Quality isn't it [emoji3]

“I asked the referee, ‘What, am I not allowed to break wind a little?’ ‘No,’ he replied … I don’t get it but maybe he thought I farted in my hand and threw the fart at him. But I did not.”

:lol: :lol: That really tickled me.

The football club Dnipro has ceased to exist.

According to the team's unofficial website (http://fcdnipro.com/), citing its own sources, businessman Ihor Kolomoisky has refused to pay off any of the team's debts and decided to disband the club.

"Our Dnipro football team is finished. No one will pay anything. The team no longer exists. However, Dnipro Arena stadium will not be empty: the possibility of bringing in another team, either FC Volyn [Lutsk], or FC Naftovyk (Okhtyrka, Sumy region) or organizing another club with ties to the Privat network of companies [co-owned by Kolomoisky] is being considered," the website said.

Jesus.. In the Europa League final just over a year ago

edit:

false alarm it seems

Hopefully he turns up OK. Always enjoy his appearances on ArsenalfanTV.

https://twitter.com/EssexPoliceUK/status/748635556855357440

Is he the guy that just shouts down that full kit w*****?  Who has Arsenal everything, including headphones and a water bottle  :lol:

2:00 in on the vid.  Some absolute mongs on that ArsenalFanTV!

Hope he turns up safe and sound.

FK Dnipro, who were in the EL final last year, have folded. Get on those bosman players Rafa

Owner's a billionaire oligarch, like. Probably some wheeze to get out of paying their debts. AFAIK, they still owe a few million for the construction of their stadium. Last I heard, every time they arrived in the EU, bailiffs confiscated all the stuff belonging to the club including the kits :lol:

They'll walk that league next year, the money they're offering is incredible. Don't even think Shildon will be able to stop them.

They should do aye - Carl Finnigan is also training with them too as he's now back home!

They'll walk that league next year, the money they're offering is incredible. Don't even think Shildon will be able to stop them.

They should do aye - Carl Finnigan is also training with them too as he's now back home!

My brother was playing 5-a-side with him in the Hebburn Hub a few weeks ago. Took a shot to the nuts. His claim to fame.

My brother was playing 5-a-side with him in the Hebburn Hub a few weeks ago. Took a shot to the nuts. His claim to fame.

Ha ha! I've been playing with Carl on Mondays and Thursdays in 7-a-side leagues but alongside him so my bollocks have been fine!