Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

I have never heard of a Spanish person called Senderos tbh. More to do with his looks anyway than the name

"Senderos is a child of Serbian (Zorica Novković) and Spanish (Julián Senderos) immigrants."

And yet it's true! Who would have guessed?

I have never heard of a Spanish person called Senderos tbh. More to do with his looks anyway than the name

"Senderos is a child of Serbian (Zorica Novković) and Spanish (Julián Senderos) immigrants."

Besides France, for obvious proximity reasons, there was a very large Spanish immigration into Switzerland during Franco times, to perform menial and industry jobs. Also Germany. That's why there's so many Swiss and German players in that list.

In more recent times England has been a favorite destination, so I guess in 20+ years there might be a George García up there. I think they are jumping the gun a bit with Lallana (I think he has a Spanish grandfather but that's it).

Pretty much on this subject and it's a bit Milner, but recently met a Polish Brazilian, which I thought was a very unusual combo.

Turns out due to immigration in the early 20th century, Brazil has the 2nd biggest Polish population outside of Poland. Would never have guessed that in a pub quiz and found it quite interesting.

:milner: :milner: :milner: :milner: :milner: :milner: :milner:

Besides France, for obvious proximity reasons, there was a very large Spanish immigration into Switzerland during Franco times, to perform menial and industry jobs. Also Germany. That's why there's so many Swiss and German players in that list.

In more recent times England has been a favorite destination, so I guess in 20+ years there might be a George García up there. I think they are jumping the gun a bit with Lallana (I think he has a Spanish grandfather but that's it).

Doesn't seem to a problem for the "Irish" tbf.

Pretty much on this subject and it's a bit Milner, but recently met a Polish Brazilian, which I thought was a very unusual combo.

Turns out due to immigration in the early 20th century, Brazil has the 2nd biggest Polish population outside of Poland. Would never have guessed that in a pub quiz and found it quite interesting.

Biggest Oktoberfest outside of Germany too.

Doesn't seem to be a problem for you either tbf

The Brazil/Japan links are really interesting too.

The Brazil/Japan links are really interesting too.

Their neighbourhood, Liberdade, is the only part of Sao Paolo where you don't feel you're about to imminently stabbed.

We have the 2nd largest Italian, Japanese, Libanese, Syrian population (incl. counting the countries of Italy, Japan etc) that I'm aware of and then also the 3rd largest Romani, Polish and some others. Think Sao Paulo has the largest Italian and Japanese population outside of their respective countries.

Slightly related, I always find it funny how Italians are officially the largest foreign population living in Spain, where in fact most of those are Argentinians with Italian passports that have immigrated straight from Argentina. That includes loads of footballers plying their trade in mid-level teams.

Doesn't seem to be a problem for you either tbf

Without fail  :fishing: