Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Guest Howaythetoon

I actually like Waddle as a pundit. Talks a fair bit of sense, particularly when he rants on about the state of English football.

However - his inability to say 'penalty' correctly marks him down a bit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is a fucking grade a arsewipe is Twaddle! He once slagged Shola for not hitting the ball hard enough despite the fact he actually scored. We won convincingly once as well a few years back and he said the fans should be unhappy because we didn't score more and yet he once also said Newcastle fans are too demanding wanting their team to win by big margins all the time. He is worse than Savage who is tongue in cheek at times and clearly likes to stir shit. Owen though... he is the absolute worst! I like Hoddle, but he sits on the fence too much and can be bland.

The thing is that the BBC know very well the value of expert footballing opinion outside of the ex-pro circle. The jewel in 5Live's footballing crown is Vickery and the other guests on the World Football Phone in, hidden away on Up All Night. But they also know that your white van man type feels more comfortable hearing from good old ex-pros, which is why we end up with Murphy, Savage and Co on the main shows.

The best ex-pro pundit on the Beeb by an absolute mile is Lineker, and he's sat there doing nowt but asking Martin Keown to dribble on the microphone.

Guest Howaythetoon

The thing is that the BBC know very well the value of expert footballing opinion outside of the ex-pro circle. The jewel in 5Live's footballing crown is Vickery and the other guests on the World Football Phone in, hidden away on Up All Night. But they also know that your white van man type feels more comfortable hearing from good old ex-pros, which is why we end up with Murphy, Savage and Co on the main shows.

The best ex-pro pundit on the Beeb by an absolute mile is Lineker, and he's sat there doing nowt but asking Martin Keown to dribble on the microphone.

Couldn't agree more, although Lineker is a very good host.

I'm liking Shearer these days and although I can't stand the way Carragher and Neville talk with their accents, they know their stuff. Henry is awful, he was good a few years back during the WC, but he is awful these days. I like Gullit and quite like Jenas too. The best for me used to be James Richardson. LeTissier is OK on Sky, but the rest are piss poor outside of Carragher and Neville.

Sadly I think the average fan is somewhat like these pundits, dim witted, inarticulate and and a bit of a closed shop when it comes to thinking in general. Its catch 22 though because that's how we see the game from a grassroots level. Its all about grafters, proper football men, proper tackling and all that bollocks. Our footballers are raised the same way as fans are with that one eyed kind of outlook on all things football.

I could listen to several people talk all day long about football, Sir Bobby had it, KK is one of them and Klopp another. I could listen to Rafa all day long as well. The likes of Owen, Savage and Pardew though make me want to forget about football full stop because they talk absolute drivel.

I don't hold Rafa in the same regard when it comes to general football waffling. He doesn't exude the same level of romance when talking about the game as someone like Keegan or Bobby, imo. Those two are/were absolutely infectious, particularly KK but that's obviously because he talks about us the most. Rafa just speaks enormous amounts of sense and, more importantly, you actually believe him. Nothing ever feels like a baseless platitude when it's Rafa. He's chosen to be here because he wants to succeed and, fortunately for us, he knows how to. And that comes out when he's in front of a microphone.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't hold Rafa in the same regard when it comes to general football waffling. He doesn't exude the same level of romance when talking about the game as someone like Keegan or Bobby, imo. Those two are/were absolutely infectious, particularly KK but that's obviously because he talks about us the most. Rafa just speaks enormous amounts of sense and, more importantly, you actually believe him. Nothing ever feels like a baseless platitude when it's Rafa. He's chosen to be here because he wants to succeed and, fortunately for us, he knows how to. And that comes out when he's in front of a microphone.

Aye with Rafa its the common sense. He is kind of charismatic mind, given the language barrier if you like.

Aye with Rafa its the common sense. He is kind of charismatic mind, given the language barrier if you like.

That's a bit of an excuse, he's just not charismatic in that light. And that's okay, that's not his strength. Rafa is our first real tactician. KK & Bobby knew their stuff no doubt but were more focussed on getting the best out of attacking players. Bellamy has spoken about both managers. How Bobby made him feel like Didier Drogba, while feeding him tactical tidbits. With Rafa it would be the reverse, focus on the tactics, then the man management. It's cool.

Guest firetotheworks

Hoddle said at 5-0 up during the 6-0 Villa dismantling that we needed to be careful having such a high line and that Villa could expose it. He's a fucking braindead tit.

Waddle. This happens a lot.

:kasper:

Here’s a quick quiz: since the start of Neymar’s career in 2009, who has more yellow cards – him or notorious Real Madrid bruiser Pepe? Well, clearly it’s not the obvious answer, otherwise we wouldn’t be asking the question. The totals, if you’re interested, are 133-108 in ‘favour’ of the Brazilian.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/12/international-football-10-talking-points-from-the-world-cup-qualifiers

:kasper:

Here’s a quick quiz: since the start of Neymar’s career in 2009, who has more yellow cards – him or notorious Real Madrid bruiser Pepe? Well, clearly it’s not the obvious answer, otherwise we wouldn’t be asking the question. The totals, if you’re interested, are 133-108 in ‘favour’ of the Brazilian.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/12/international-football-10-talking-points-from-the-world-cup-qualifiers

Quite few of them were for his haircuts, to be fair.