The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

Wait Ecuador are 10th in the FIFA rankings?  :lol:

Just had a look, Colombia are in 6th and Croatia 4th :lol: Brazil are in 19th.

Friendlies are worth less ranking points than competitive games, even if you win them. Hence why at the last 3 tournaments we've had this rhetoric about 'the hosts being the worst side' going into it. At least I think that was the case with Poland, South Africa and Austria.

Basically once a team wins the right to host a competition they inevitably slide right down the rankings.

Wait Ecuador are 10th in the FIFA rankings?  :lol:

Just had a look, Colombia are in 6th and Croatia 4th :lol: Brazil are in 19th.

Friendlies are worth less ranking points than competitive games, even if you win them. Hence why at the last 3 tournaments we've had this rhetoric about 'the hosts being the worst side' going into it. At least I think that was the case with Poland, South Africa and Austria.

Basically once a team wins the right to host a competition they inevitably slide right down the rankings.

While that's true about the rankings, I'm not sure Poland, South Africa and Austria are the best examples to use :lol:.

Germany 2-0 in 3 minutes v Ecuador; Podolski after 7 seconds and L Bender; look frickin awesome

Without watching it.... Could it probably just be, just maybe, that Ecuador aren't just THAT good actually? Just asking.

They're very likely to be at the World Cup. They're very good at home (at altitude).

Watching Nigeria vs. Mexico friendly in Houston. They were ripping through us in the first 20 minutes. Our midfield was nowhere to be seen, and luckily chicarito only converted one of his three or four chances. Then we got a penalty and a red card. It's 1-1 and Naija's on top now. Quite eventful for a friendly. Credit to the Mexicans as well. The games not even in their country and they've filled an 80,000 seat stadium with 90 percent Mexicans.

Finished 2-2. Credit again to Mexico. They take these friendlies extremely seriously :lol: Easily the most competitive friendly we've played since the ones against Ghana. If Naija had gone down to 10 in a friendly it would have become an exercise in time wasting, but they were running like it was the World Cup final. Not impressed with SE tonight, there was little defensive organisation and some of these players Keshi is peddling simply aren't good enough. Still, that's what's friendlies are for, and there were quite a few individually impressive players.

Watching it as well, completely missed Nigeria's second, probably shouldn't be watching on mute.

It's funny you had it on mute. I had the ESPN stream and these commentators are useless Mexican cheerleaders. Every single Nigerian name was said incorrectly. Every one. I muted in disgust when they compared the African champions to Jamaica.

Finally no need to 'like' Real Madrid anymore after today.

You can fuck right off if you're just going to be like that with Chelsea next year though.

No chance, obvously.

Champions League will be a different story, though, as we're not in it.