The Talk-In Thread

Ronaldo

Really good thread idea but it doesn't need to be stickied, if people know we have one now then it'll just get bumped as-and-when there's news.

Should try and organise an N-O table if any good 'uns pop up in the near future :thup:

Now that I would be up for.

Me too, as long as it didn't fall on a work night (which they normally do :( )

:lol: Gonna sticky this. If one is coming up, post it in here and someone will edit the title.

Really good thread idea but it doesn't need to be stickied, if people know we have one now then it'll just get bumped as-and-when there's news.

Should try and organise an N-O table if any good 'uns pop up in the near future :thup:

Yeah. Fuck off Mike.

:lol: Can't win.

Mike a fan of the sticky icky icky, who knew? :dontknow:

Thu 06.06.2013 Talk-in featuring Tommy Cassidy @ Seahorse Pub, Hillheads Park, Whitley Bay, 8pm. Tickets £5 (inc. pie & peas) from the venue and 07761 976892.

Fri 05.07.2013 Talk-in featuring Steve Howey @ Wallsend Labour Club, 7pm. Tickets £10 (inc. pie & peas) from the venue and Rob Dunn on 07538 291227.

Guest Howaythetoon

Forgot to mention one of the best talk-ins was with Geoff Winter who said if football fans knew just exactly what really went on in the game they would turn their back on it in an instant. He didn't go as far as to say it was bent from the governing body/refs perspective but he genuinely believed that a lot of players were doing silly things for a bet. He said one player did his level best to get sent off for nowt really which begged the question whether there was money riding on the red card. Winter, and this is his own words, said being the cunt that he was, didn't send him off. He wouldn't name any names.

:scared:

That's not good :/

I've been told from an ex pl ref that they're told to ref the premier league in an appropriate manner to showcase the Premier League brand.

So for example, because Rooney is such a big name that earns the pl millions. Be wary sending him off because he'll be out 3 games and will lose money for the brand.

• 7 months later...

:scared:

That's not good :/

I've been told from an ex pl ref that they're told to ref the premier league in an appropriate manner to showcase the Premier League brand.

So for example, because Rooney is such a big name that earns the pl millions. Be wary sending him off because he'll be out 3 games and will lose money for the brand.

Confirmed it for me when he elbowed that Blackburn(?) player clearly and callously in the head receiving a safe yellow.

Guest Howaythetoon

Got us a table for 8 of us, I know the people behind these events so I reckon I can get a bit of chat time with KK pre or post talk-in. There are not many VIP tables left mind, I think there was only 11 in total split into 3 rows central to the speaker. Promises to be a great night and the organisers reckon KK will be as honest as ever RE his second stint here.