2013 Confederations Cup - Brazil 3 - 0 Spain

ponsaelius

Guest Miguel Piñero

Don't know if Alonso is injured but think Spain look a lot better when they use just one holding midfielder and Xavi deeper.

Don't know if Alonso is injured but think Spain look a lot better when they use just one holding midfielder and Xavi deeper.

:thup:

I was thinking the same. Although that might also be contributed by the fact that Uruguays midfield is piss poor.

When under the knife for a groin injury after the season ended. I do think the same regarding playing with just one DMC (we were just so much more dynamic going forward without the huge gap between Xavi and the front 3 we usually have), but there's a reason Spain had conceded 3 goals in 2 major tournaments until yesterday.

Looking forward to seeing what kind of form Ideye brown is in, as we've been strongly linked a number of times now.

Knowing our luck, he'll have an amazing tournament and end up at someone like Spurs instead.

strongly linked? its only been a few random throwaway tabloid articles hasn't it?

No not really. There was even one where he said he'd prefer to come to the premier league and Newcastle in particular I believe.

The reason I found the link particularly interesting is because he is in the mould of Remy and Aubameyang, in that he can play as a forward, and a wide forward, and has pace and athleticism. Has also scored a ton of goals in France previously. Seemed quite believable.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2013/05/02/nigeria-star-brown-ideye-targets-newcastle-united-move-61634-33270300/

Can't believe Tahiti aren't starting Gilbert Meriel in nets tbh.  He's kept pulled off some absolute wonder saves for AS Central Sport this season.  Probably gained them 10-15 extra points alone.

I reckon Xavier pipped him based on the memorable save he made on the last day of the season.

Guest nufcshirts

Infostrada Sports ‏@InfostradaLive 3m

Tahiti's entire population of almost 180,000 would have fit in the original, 1950s Maracana stadium. #confeds

Can't believe Tahiti aren't starting Gilbert Meriel in nets tbh.  He's kept pulled off some absolute wonder saves for AS Central Sport this season.  Probably gained them 10-15 extra points alone.

:lol: