2013 Confederations Cup - Brazil 3 - 0 Spain

ponsaelius

Granted they are playing Spain, but Uruguay have to be one of the more disappointing national sides. Wildly underwhelming throughout WCQ thus far.

They've only got 3 million people to be fair. Last World Cup was a huge overachievement.

True enough, but with the talent they have in the front 6, they should have more than 16 points and a -3 GD through 12 WCQ matches.

Uruguay is a weird team, they can turn it hot but their midfield lacks creativity and when they get on the backfoot they get frustrated.

Didn't know that was Pedro's 11th goal for Spain this year, hell of a record.

Utter crap for Barca but can't stop scoring for Spain, don't really get it myself.

Utter crap? Exaggeration much?

12 goals in his last 2 seasons says it isn't..... even VI has said he's been rubbish for 2 years.

Don't look at the amount of goals, he's been nowhere near good enough to be starting for them week in week out fair enough, but if he had been utter crap I wouldn't be having this discussion with you because they wouldn't have called him up to the national team.

You know full well that Spain's call ups are hugely political and if you don't play for Madrid and Barca you have to be playing ridiculously well to get into the team.

Look at Fabregas before he joined Barca, he was never starting but since then he's always in the XI.

Besides it doesn't matter what his performances for Barca are, just like it never mattered when Klose was at Bayern doing nothing.

He performs for his country for what ever reason so he will always get called no matter how poorly he plays for Barca.

Granted they are playing Spain, but Uruguay have to be one of the more disappointing national sides. Wildly underwhelming throughout WCQ thus far.

They've only got 3 million people to be fair. Last World Cup was a huge overachievement.

True enough, but with the talent they have in the front 6, they should have more than 16 points and a -3 GD through 12 WCQ matches.

Uruguay is a weird team, they can turn it hot but their midfield lacks creativity and when they get on the backfoot they get frustrated.

How's Lodeiro looked for Botafogo? Always thought he had potential.

I'm nervous about Tahiti tomorrow, as Nigerians love to find new ways to embarrass themselves.

Baba please convince me we can't possibly find a way to lose or draw with those part timers?!

How's Lodeiro looked for Botafogo? Always thought he had potential.

Been doing well, scored a brace the other week and is together with Seedorf a reason why they're doing relatively well. Won the Campeonato Carioca.

Also, what a goal from Suarez. Hit it with pace.

Credit where it's due. Lodeiro and Forlan changed Uruguay. Looked more comfortable on the ball with those two dictating centrally. I was shocked at how bad their midfielders were, I know they have never been any good players but it was such an abysmal performance from Gargano and Perez and I don't even know who more.

Spain looks a level above everyone, but like it's been for a while they are very inefficient when it comes to scoring. I'm not sure Soldado is the answer. They need someone more mobile in my opinion.

To Baba's everlasting angst, will Tahiti score a goal against Nigeria today?

Please don't joke about this, I'm really nervous about the possible humiliation of losing or drawing with them as it is. Never mind them just scoring a goal.

Please don't joke about this, I'm really nervous about the possible humiliation of losing or drawing with them as it is. Never mind them just scoring a goal.

:lol: You'll be fine I'm sure.

Are Nigeria in the country yet?

I actually have no idea. I won't believe they are until I see them on the pitch.

We're always so last minute with everything, that they'll probably land the plane on the centre circle a minute before kick off, and bundle the players onto the field.

Didn't know that was Pedro's 11th goal for Spain this year, hell of a record.

Utter crap for Barca but can't stop scoring for Spain, don't really get it myself.

Utter crap? Exaggeration much?

12 goals in his last 2 seasons says it isn't..... even VI has said he's been rubbish for 2 years.

Don't look at the amount of goals, he's been nowhere near good enough to be starting for them week in week out fair enough, but if he had been utter crap I wouldn't be having this discussion with you because they wouldn't have called him up to the national team.

You know full well that Spain's call ups are hugely political and if you don't play for Madrid and Barca you have to be playing ridiculously well to get into the team.

Look at Fabregas before he joined Barca, he was never starting but since then he's always in the XI.

Besides it doesn't matter what his performances for Barca are, just like it never mattered when Klose was at Bayern doing nothing.

He performs for his country for what ever reason so he will always get called no matter how poorly he plays for Barca.

That's not really true. People like Arbeloa, Alonso or Albiol were regulars before being signed by Real Madrid (actually they were signed because of how few Spain internationals they had in their books, something they used to take pride in). Same with Villa, Alba, etc... it's only natural that the best Spanish players end up in the top 2 Spanish teams, particularly with the financial disparity in La Liga.

Fàbregas started playing when Barça used him in a role compatible with Xavi/Iniesta (I don't think it's the best for him) and Del Bosque took a page from it.

Thing about Del Bosque is that he's incredibly conservative, he has his men and that's it. In a way he's right in the way he tries to create a club atmosphere in the national squad, but we could use some freshening up in some quarters. That's why you don't see the likes of Mata or Martínez breaking into the starting XI.

He's only changed personnel when forced by age (Puyol/Marchena) or when they became so useless there wasn't another choice (Torres).

Abeg,

http://s2.glbimg.com/Lshyn_O-R-SejNdySvsqE1Kj88g=/620x390/s.glbimg.com/es/ge/f/original/2013/06/16/dsc07897.jpg

I've changed my course, everything will be fine.

Are Nigeria in the country yet?

They arrived last night.