RIP Joe Kinnear (1946-2024)

Anderson

Getting names wrong would be an excuse. No one minded when Robby bobson done it.

If he'd got one or maybe two names wrong it wouldn't have been such an issue. He didn't get one non-English sounding name right FFS. Not of the players he had managed previously, not of the managing director who he had apparently spoken extensively the days before. It's indicative of a lack of respect and attention to detail, and I imagine it will not only frustrate existing players to be called Kebab and Ben Afra, but also it will complicate negotiations with prospective ones. Can you see him dealing with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and his agents and not make a complete arse out of himself, and by consequence, NUFC?

What was strange is that he said both Ben Afri and Ben Arfi and Kebab and Cabaye at different points in the interview. He hasn't done his homework (knows it all already) and was just guessing at names. It was like the bloke in the pub who knows nowt spouting out names he'd briefly heard of 4 or 5 weeks ago joining in on a conversation and making a right tit of himself.

I hate kinnear as much as anyone but he clearly got the names wrong as he was ranting, like above says he got most the names right at some point in the interview, and anyone looking to leave on the back of it should really be a bit more honest with the fans as its a poor excuse

What goes against kinnear is he used changing nzogbias name to insomnia as a insult in the past

Guest neesy111

Robson used to confuse players name, not call them something different to what they are.  Kinnear's vocabulary comes across of him being very lazy when he speaks.

I hate kinnear as much as anyone but he clearly got the names wrong as he was ranting, like above says he got most the names right at some point in the interview, and anyone looking to leave on the back of it should really be a bit more honest with the fans as its a poor excuse

What goes against kinnear is he used changing nzogbias name to insomnia as a insult in the past

He wasn't ranting, that's his normal demeanor. Of course if Kinnear getting your name wrong is used as an excuse for wanting away that is a bit much, but I can't see any player doing that. There is press speculation that it has made them uneasy, and I could fully imagine it would. I mean, I cringed at every name he uttered, let alone if you're Cabaye himself and you know your friends and (international) team mates will start constantly taking the piss out of you for something beyond your control. Put it this way, it's certainly not going to help us keep our best players if Kinnear can't even get their fucking names right.

It's not the mistaken names that got me, it was the horrendous lies and shameful lack of professionalism shown. The bloke is a complete embarrassment and I'm ashamed he was ever associated with this club, even more so now he's our DoF.

Robson used to confuse players name, not call them something different to what they are.  Kinnear's vocabulary comes across of him being very lazy when he speaks.

you'd think mispronouncing someones name would be seen as a lesser evil than mistaking them entirely. far too much being made over this when it is really the least of the concerns about him and wouldn't really be mentioned if it were someone we rated.

you'd think mispronouncing someones name would be seen as a lesser evil than mistaking them entirely. far too much being made over this when it is really the least of the concerns about him and wouldn't really be mentioned if it were someone we rated.

It´s not. It´s so disrespectful the way he act. He´s not even mispronouncing them, he doesn´t even know them. and it´s not like it´s one name here and there, it´s a lot.

Just talking about him makes me want to cry. Hate him more than pardew, and that says a lot.

didnt it sound quite deliberate at the time though?  i may be being daft, but the surreal nature of the interview left me assuming he had gone on air to stir things up, and part of that was the mispronunciation of so many names.  it felt like he was drawing fire to himself on purpose at the time, and the lack of info since hasnt changed my opinion on that

Getting bored of all this media sensationalism: pardew and llambias rift, pulling the plug on douglas, carr unrest, cabaye unhappy, ben arfa to be sold, mass exodus of players .. not a single quote or source in sight.

Getting bored of all this media sensationalism: pardew and llambias rift, pulling the plug on douglas, carr unrest, cabaye unhappy, ben arfa to be sold, mass exodus of players .. not a single quote or source in sight.

:thup:

Shame so many believe what they read.

One is a rumour, two is coincidence,  after that you are in no smoke without fire territory.

Seems to me that  there is carnage behind the scenes.  Their silence is deafening.

This will all end in Pardew walking IMO, which will be a bad thing, not because he's any good either.

I just hope Carr stays, he's our lifeline.

One is a rumour, two is coincidence,  after that you are in no smoke without fire territory.

Seems to me that  there is carnage behind the scenes.  Their silence is deafening.

This will all end in Pardew walking IMO, which will be a bad thing, not because he's any good either.

prepared to agree. papers won´t write stuff (the serious ones) because someone else did. If alot are writing the same, or kind of, thing there just have to be something in it.

prepared to agree. papers won´t write stuff (the serious ones) because someone else did. If alot are writing the same, or kind of, thing there just have to be something in it.

Oh they will.

Getting names wrong would be an excuse. No one minded when Robby bobson done it.

Bobby was a brilliant manager who everybody thought well of, he was a gentlemen who gained the respect of almost everybody who knew him or knew anything about him.  Kinnear comes across as an antagonistic, egotistical, pathological liar, the two are totally different.

I tend to ignore the media speculation but the fact it took so long to announce Kinnear's appointment was a clear sign to me that there's chaos behind the scenes- I can't think of any other reason it could take so long.

Bobby was a brilliant manager who everybody thought well of, he was a gentlemen who gained the respect of almost everybody who knew him or knew anything about him.  Kinnear comes across as an antagonistic, egotistical, pathological liar, the two are totally different.

Your sig says it tbh. And there was that time an interviewer asked Shola what Bobby called him. "Carl Cort". Everyone loved Bobby because he was a nice guy. Jack Charlton got away with it as well when he was Ireland manager because he was, from their viewpoint, successful.

Joke is an arrogant twat, an idiot, and - as you say - a pathological liar. He shouldn't have any job because he's inherently untrustworthy, he should be locked up for his own safety. Desperate times, and it's going to take a horrible disastrous event to make Ashley reconsider. :(