RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

Pardew has effectively been demoted in my opinion.

Kinnear is effectively the manager now, with Pardew putting the cones out and running the training sessions i.e. the donkey work so that Kinnear doesn't keel over.

This is honestly what I feel is going on. They've essentially gone about hiring Kinnear as manager in a more subtle manner. Ashley rates the guy, he's Ashley's man. Pardew was Llambias' guy.

One of the best squads we've had in years, and Kinnear and Pardew are in control of it. Fuck sake, a couple of weeks training with Kinnear moping about and half the squad will be sounding out transfers.

Pardew and Kinnear on the training ground :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can you imagine. In my head it'll end up in a practice games, HBA skillfully breezes past Williamson and Jonas, before setting up Cisse, only to turn around to see Pardew shaking his head, Kinnear next to him "Ben whatsyaname, how dare you not just aimlessly hoof it forward, go sit in the corner and think about what you've done". 

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/incoming/article134873.ece/ALTERNATES/gallery-large/Derek-Llambias-Mike-Ashley-Newcastle-cropped

"Football.

We know f*** all about it"

this sums it right f***ing up.

Mike: Derek this is the best £200 million I've ever spent

Derek: Mike you really do hate them Geardies....but this is friggin hilarious

Kinnear is effectively the manager now, with Pardew putting the cones out and running the training sessions i.e. the donkey work so that Kinnear doesn't keel over.

This is honestly what I feel is going on. They've essentially gone about hiring Kinnear as manager in a more subtle manner. Ashley rates the guy, he's Ashley's man. Pardew was Llambias' guy.

I think you're pretty much spot on. Couldn't afford to sack Pardew so just hire who they wanted as the DoF... fucking shocking.

I still cannot believe our only alternative to Pardew was going to be Kinnear :(

When a lot of us were desperate for Pardew to go and didn't think we could possibly appoint worse, im not sure anybody suspected Kinnear was still Ashley's most wanted guy.

Sideshow Bob Shudder :(

I still cannot believe our only alternative to Pardew was going to be Kinnear :(

When a lot of us were desperate for Pardew to go and didn't think we could possibly appoint worse, im not sure anybody suspected Kinnear was still Ashley's most wanted guy.

Sideshow Bob Shudder :(

Lol I can't decides what is worse.... sacking Pardew and bringing in Kinnear or bringing in Kinnear to manage Pardew.

If we did sack Pardew then bringing in Kinnear at that point would be gutting considering the number of options out there.

On the other hand, bringing in Kinnear now means we have both Kinnear and Pardew at the same time albeit Pardew apparently has more control of the tactics/player selection and I suppose Pardew is better than Kinnear.

Either way it is shit.

Have found myself reflecting on the soul of the club. Joe Harvey, Kevin Keegan, Sir Bobby Robson.....

Fortunately that will remain when Ashley and his  jokers are long fucking gone, which at the moment is all I find myself looking forward to really.

It's all so incredibly ignorant - the lack of class, the lack of feel for the area, the total lack of knowing what they are holding in their hands.

Our beautiful club in a state of total stagnation, in which there can be no possible progress or anything to look forward to, until they all simply fuck off out of it.

Sounds like to me you don't actually know what a director of football is.... Pardew is effectively the head coach now.

The manager role doesn't exist in this set up; Pardew is the coach he chooses the team for match day, coaches the players and decides the tactics.

Its Kinnear's job to make sure that the style of play is the same across all levels from the first team to the kids and of course the recruitment side of things.

Kinnear doesn't have the criteria to do such a job IMHO but he's not effectively the manager because such a thing does not exist.....

One of the best squads we've had in years, and Kinnear and Pardew are in control of it. Fuck sake, a couple of weeks training with Kinnear moping about and half the squad will be sounding out transfers.

Beren's Ralph Wiggum line needs Chief Wiggum added to it.

Sentence in an article in the Independent today:

The decision to bring Kinnear back has Ashley’s fingerprints all over it as he has always privately maintained that the former Republic of Ireland international is the best manager he has worked with in his six years at St James’ Park, despite Kinnear winning only four of his 20 games between September 2008 and February 2009.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/10123496/Joe-Kinnear-set-to-make-shock-return-to-Newcastle-United-as-director-of-football-in-management-shake-up.html

He just really rates Kinnear, it's as straightforward as that imo. I really think it's likely he'll replace Pardew at some point this season.

I must have missed how much he rated him. Bit crazy.

“We will stay up. Yes, definitely. “Joe’s the man to do the job. He’s my hero. Is he better than Capello? Definitely. We are going to be in Europe by the end of the season!”

That sounds more than just liking to work with the guy. More like he idolizes him. No wonder Kinnear thought hed get his job back before, he was probably going to.

I still can't quite believe this. What in the actual fuck man.  :lol:

It's too stupid to be made up, but too dumb to be the actual result of people coming to a decision. Ash and Derek live in the uncanny valley of dumb motherfuckers.

I didn't think things could get any worse from the managing.coaching side of the club, but then this happens.

At least it proves my long-held suspicion that Ashley knows absolutely NOWT about football and cares even less.

If any appointment could have been envisaged with the aim of making the club an even bigger laughing stock in the eyes of the rest of football, this is perfect ; the belly-laughs will be heard all the way from the Stadium of S---e down to London and beyond.

The reaction of the quality players we have when they get to know Kinnear's style and modus operandi will be incredulity that anyone like this could be appointed at a club like NUFC and those who are unsettled will be even more determined to leave.

In my view, Ashley has now declared war on the fans so nothing is now off the table in terms of retaliation...the first action that fans should take is to boycott STs and merchandise - also any products sold in Sports Direct outlets. There is NO reason not to do this now unless you are happy to see this clown permanently in charge at Newcastle United.

The club faces several years of utter mediocrity now it would seem.

It's too stupid to be made up, but too dumb to be the actual result of people coming to a decision. Ash and Derek live in the uncanny valley of dumb motherfuckers.

http://i.imgur.com/E2PDzRU.gif

All the research that is out there states that the game is evolving all the time and has certainly evolved since the time JFK was most prominent as a Football Manager (1992–1999 Wimbledon). Unless this bloke has surrounded himself in coach education since his heart condition of 2009 (which I doubt), then we are in massive trouble. Just watching his interview on SSN he has no thought process that fills anyone with any confidence, FFS he can't even grasp the correct grammer and terminology of his native tongue.

I hope that he has been brought in to force the hand of Pardew, my guess is that this is to undermine Pardew. Maybe Pardew has had disagreements regarding the purchase of Andy Carroll and Darren Bent subsequently MA has taken a massive grudge thus employed this clown to undermine Pardew thus forcing him out........

Guest Phil K

The club was in freefall at the end of last season, with Pardew showing his true level of management, the French players seemingly in rebellion at his lack of nous, and we needed a good coach to get things organized and pointing back in the right direction, and get the best out of players we have and to bring in some good prospects.

And so Ashley brings in Kinnear.

It's like standing in a bucket of quick-setting cement to improve your mobility

http://i.imgur.com/E2PDzRU.gif

:lol: