RIP Joe Kinnear (1946-2024)

Anderson

If he signed Aubameyang I think I could send some praise his way. Not going to happen though.

Some praise for saying "yes, go for the player you've been trailing for a season"?

Fuck that :lol:

Guest Brazilianbob

I'm starting to think the appointment of kinnear is a clever move by Ashley.  When u think about it there was no one above Pardew with any football knowledge.  With Kinnear in place Pardew may find Ashley more inclined to spend if Kinnear supports the targets Pardew thinks will strengthen the team.

Guest reefatoon

I'm starting to think the appointment of kinnear is a clever move by Ashley.  When u think about it there was no one above Pardew with any football knowledge.  With Kinnear in place Pardew may find Ashley more inclined to spend if Kinnear supports the targets Pardew thinks will strengthen the team.

All well and good, with only one minor problem.  Sloppy Joe knows fuck all about football either.

Life is never dull with Joe and he tells of the difficulties he faced, including his tumultuous relationship with press and fans, before winning them both over with his no-nonsense and successful style.
:lol: I'm calling it a day.

This is only going to get worse when the season starts. I fear what he will say when someone asks for his opinion on Newcastle's latest loss. Obviously it won't be down to any of his signings....or lack of.

Every top club in the land has got one (DoF). We haven’t – that’s the difference. The manager can’t do everything."

“I’m probably the only football manager to be a director of football."

“I don’t know any other ex-managers who have. I’ve been a manager for 35 years. I’ve been Manager of the Year. I’ve won every award there is in football as a player."

I think all those qualities put me head and shoulders above every other director of football.

“Some directors of football have never played the game,”

“I’m lending my experience as a manager for all those years - 10 years at Wimbledon, two years at Nottingham Forest, two years winning promotion at Luton and, of course, almost two years at Newcastle."

“I would still be there had it (a heart attack) not occurred.”

:facepalm: