Sunderland

Nobody

Even though Sunderland would be protected to some extent by the parachute payment of £24 million that is added to the £1.9 million given to all Championship clubs from the Football League’s own TV deal, they would still have to contend with a £46 million cut in TV money. That’s a significant reduction to absorb, even if their players have a 40% wage reduction clause in their contracts, as has been widely reported. This disparity will become absolutely colossal once the new 2016/17 TV deal kicks in, e.g. around £71 million, even with an increase in the parachute payment.

That's absolutely ridiculous :anguish:

There must be a better way to organise football than this.  Maybe have the total prize money and TV revenue all in one pot and each clubs share drops 1% for each position down in the pyramid all the way down the 92 clubs.

Newcastle’s Theatre Royal just isn’t equipped to host the likes of The Lion King, Wicked and War Horse – and it can’t expand because of its location.

http://media4.giphy.com/media/AyN4Uh6vL6GLm/giphy.gif

Newcastle's theatre can't expand because it's surrounded by listed buildings, bars and restaurants rather than a Mad Max style desolate wasteland, chalk one up for Sunderland :lol:

I have never even considered heading to the Airshow, I can see most of the planes that are bound for Sun'lun passing over my house as they fly from some local airport, if only I could remember where that airport was located and I could even pop up to that to watch them take off and land at quite close quarters.

All I can remember about the airshows of the past are the Look North news headlines that say (every year) that the show was ruined by fog, that they like to call sea fret (sayfret marra) or something equally mackem!

Newcastle’s Theatre Royal just isn’t equipped to host the likes of The Lion King, Wicked and War Horse – and it can’t expand because of its location.

http://media4.giphy.com/media/AyN4Uh6vL6GLm/giphy.gif

Newcastle's theatre can't expand because it's surrounded by listed buildings, bars and restaurants rather than a Mad Max style desolate wasteland, chalk one up for Sunderland :lol:

The fuck? The theatre royal is highly equipped, it's one of the best theatre's in the country, it's one of a few that the shakespeare company use outside of London.

Guest KingShearer

Newcastle can't have big shows like the Lion King, marra, easy place to find 12 year olds too

Great players like Johnson like to go to the Lion King show too, marra

As if we'd want a bloody airshow :lol:

as if we could have one

As we have an international airport on the outskirts of the city, it could and most likely would be catastrophic to have an airshow here.

The whole point of having an airshow in an out the way place like Sunderland, is that is has no importance in terms of air traffic, the silly bastards.

Mind you, I saw an article on the BBC website the other day about how the Theatre Royal has had to absorb cuts by putting shite musicals on to pull crowds in, had a look on the theatre website and fuck me, they weren't kidding. The fucking Bodyguard's on at the moment for 3 weeks.