Sunderland

Nobody

At any point during the years of going on about "Ponteland Airport" and "Woolsington Airport" have they ever thought to check a map?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newcastle_Airport

Newcastle International Airport (IATA: NCL, ICAO: EGNT) is an international airport located near the Woolsington area of Newcastle upon Tyne, England,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woolsington

Woolsington is a village in and also a civil parish of City of Newcastle, England

This is aside from the fact that airports are named after the major city they serve and it wouldn't make Newcastle nicer if 747s were touching down in Northumberland Street.  It's 6 miles away from the city centre.  Do Real Madrid go on about Barcelona not having an airport, because Barcelona airport is 8 miles away from the city centre?  Do they call it El Prat de Llobregat Airport?  Oh wait, they shouldn't throw stones, in O-level Mackem Cartography Madrid doesn't have an airport either.

:lol: :thup:

Them "Newcastle Airport" adverts that are in their stadium must proper piss them off

edit: even says 'your airport' on it :spit:

BV07UzOCYAAnauv.jpg

At any point during the years of going on about "Ponteland Airport" and "Woolsington Airport" have they ever thought to check a map?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newcastle_Airport

Newcastle International Airport (IATA: NCL, ICAO: EGNT) is an international airport located near the Woolsington area of Newcastle upon Tyne, England,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woolsington

Woolsington is a village in and also a civil parish of City of Newcastle, England

This is aside from the fact that airports are named after the major city they serve and it wouldn't make Newcastle nicer if 747s were touching down in Northumberland Street.  It's 6 miles away from the city centre.  Do Real Madrid go on about Barcelona not having an airport, because Barcelona airport is 8 miles away from the city centre?  Do they call it El Prat de Llobregat Airport?  Oh wait, they shouldn't throw stones, in O-level Mackem Cartography Madrid doesn't have an airport either.

:lol: :thup:

Them "Newcastle Airport" adverts that are in their stadium must proper p*ss them off

edit: even says 'your airport' on it :spit:

BV07UzOCYAAnauv.jpg

Comic Sans :anguish:

I'd like to start using geet, but I'm afraid you're not allowed to start when you're 26 and don't live in Newcastle anymore. It might seem like I'm doing it ironically or something.

Although I never said 'alreet' or 'nee bother' when I was younger, and I reckon I've picked them up from coming on here, after leaving Newcastle.

Just teaching my (Manc) 7 year-old essential Geordie phrases so he is prepared for forthcoming hols with Gateshead cousins. He currently sounds like a cross between a South Central LA rapper and Happy Mondays Bez: "Yo-YO! Been do'nutting me bike in th' kaa peark...CITEH, CITEH..." ??? (shit you not)  He's nailed "why aye man; canny; nee bother; & ah divvent knaa." In honour of your dilemma Grant, I am adding 'geet' to his genetic-lexicon ( ???  ). I'm not preaching, but can only encourage you to follow suit.

Nowt wrong with the word geet, in fact it's a class word

:thup:

I know its not strictly Northern but i love the word 'nonce' too

It's brilliant.

It works with anything.

You cycle? Areet bike nonce.

You knit? Areet wool nonce.

You fancy kids? Areet actual nonce.

Etc.

I've been saying noncequences ever since I read it on here. A magnificent word.

I said that the other day and felt like I'd created it, this is the point when someone digs up a post from years ago when someone else said it and calls me a word nonce.

Nowt wrong with the word geet, in fact it's a class word

:thup:

I know its not strictly Northern but i love the word 'nonce' too

It's brilliant.

It works with anything.

You cycle? Areet bike nonce.

You knit? Areet wool nonce.

You fancy kids? Areet actual nonce.

Etc.

:lol:

I said that the other day and felt like I'd created it, this is the point when someone digs up a post from years ago when someone else said it and calls me a word nonce.

If I keep posting about Geet, does that make me a nonce-sequitur

Take a bow :clap:

Google says that the only time it's been used is in a sickipedia joke.

BBC News: ‘Brighton paedophile jailed for nine years’

It was his own fault, he should have known that his actions would have noncequences.

Well it's definitely getting an outing tomorrow when my mackem deskbuddy returns after his 4-day weekend. I'll wait until after the inevitable "we beat Man U with a fluke and an og" shit. Tbf he doesn't defend him in any way, but he's still going to suffer the noncequences.

That works, right?

Imagine fighting a horse cos your footy team lost :lol::lol::lol::lol:

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/just-burst-out-laughing.1200837/page-3

Imagine 'digitally penetrating' a child because sunderland....

One drunken man punches a horse and it's all over the TV and we are all slated as horse punchers. A few years earlier YouTube footage showed a load of them ransacking a riot van, no media coverage and no one speaks of it.

Guest firetotheworks

Imagine fighting a horse cos your footy team lost :lol::lol::lol::lol:

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/just-burst-out-laughing.1200837/page-3

Imagine 'digitally penetrating' a child because sunderland....

One drunken man punches a horse and it's all over the TV and we are all slated as horse punchers. A few years earlier YouTube footage showed a load of them ransacking a riot van, no media coverage and no one speaks of it.

One of those things doesn't happen very often and is a living thing.