Sunderland

Nobody

Just on one of our Facebook groups as we can't debate this on RTG

As expected the negative publicity we will receive is going to be levied at Byrne.

She hasn't performed well as a chief exec don't get me wrong but I can tell a lot of it is just the 'women and football don't mix' brigade.

As if she could have anticipated our star player touching kids...

As expected the negative publicity we will receive is going to be levied at Byrne.

She hasn't performed well as a chief exec don't get me wrong but I can tell a lot of it is just the 'women and football don't mix' brigade.

no, but she could and should never of lifted his suspension if she and the club knew the full extent, which it has been said today in a court of law they did.

to me, the ethics of that is extremely extremely questionable

your disgusting club has seemingly acted disgracefully, im hoping you want them all sacked, shocking the boss knew and let it go for the sake of points

your disgusting club has seemingly acted disgracefully, im hoping you want them all sacked, shocking the boss knew and let it go for the sake of points

:lol: can we not act like total freaks please?

so do you want them all sacked?

Don't really understand why Sunderland's actions are being discussed, as others have mentioned they have broken no laws or rules in their conduct so will suffer absolutely no consequences for it. Yes they are now nonce sympathisers, but other than a few chants that will soon be forgotten it's hardly the story of the century.

All it has shown is what we already knew, football clubs are ultimately extremely bent and will go to daft measures to get results.

Plus the fact that we punch horses, so we're worse.

Don't really understand why Sunderland's actions are being discussed, as others have mentioned they have broken no laws or rules in their conduct so will suffer absolutely no consequences for it. Yes they are now nonce sympathisers, but other than a few chants that will soon be forgotten it's hardly the story of the century.

All it has shown is what we already knew, football clubs are ultimately extremely bent and will go to daft measures to get results.

It's not every day a PL club does the ol' stand by your nonce routine.

:thup:  Newcastle would probably have done exactly the same

:thup:  Newcastle would probably have done exactly the same

We're run by morally bankrupt wankpheasants , so that's not a particularly glowing comparison.

We have the testimony of one man in court who is trying to save what is left of his reputation, the club haven't said anything yet.

so do you want them all sacked?

What is it you want form him?

We have the testimony of one man in court who is trying to save what is left of his reputation, the club haven't said anything yet.

The chief inspector said that the club knew too the other day

The chief inspector said that the club knew too the other day

I feel a sequel season to Making A Murderer coming on, Nabbing A Nonce.

They may possibly have breached FA and statutory child safeguarding guidance, might not be something there would be a great deal of legal comeback on, but there could possibly be.

Ultimately it will depend whether the media decide to run with it. At the moment they're just reporting the facts of the case and staying well clear of any comment, once the verdict is delivered their handcuffs will be off and they'll go into overdrive with it.

Personally I can see the decision to un-suspend him being the main talking point as it's the most obvious way to drag the story out further and point fingers at scapegoats, as the media loves to do.

They may possibly have breached FA and statutory child safeguarding guidance, might not be something there would be a great deal of legal comeback on, but there could possibly be.

Ultimately it will depend whether the media decide to run with it. At the moment they're just reporting the facts of the case and staying well clear of any comment, once the verdict is delivered their handcuffs will be off and they'll go into overdrive with it.

Personally, I can see the decision to un-suspend him being the main talking point as it's the most obvious way to drag the story out further and point fingers at scapegoats, as the media loves to do.

They haven't though - Johnson doesn't have any unsupervised contact with children under the age of 16 in his role (if he had, it would have been restricted).

In weighing up the decision they made, Johnson wasn't likely to reoffend whilst on bail nor was he a threat to strike and attack a child spontaneously.

From a safeguarding prospective, providing they have a robust risk assessment and plans in place to protect any children - they are entitled to keep him under their employment.

I agree that I think the media will run with this, but the only likely outcome is an internal investigation and people losing their jobs at Sunderland.

I dunno - I still think they've got a duty of care to their younger supporters, many of whom will have been around at training and on matchday. I wonder how many SAFA supporting parents will be happy that they put the rights of a paedo, ahead of that of those of their children?