Sunderland

Nobody

Here they are having a pop at Villa fans for having empty seats inside Villa Park yet they'll happily start a thread after they've had 12,000 empty seats (last week) praising their own support. ;D ;D ;D

They praise their own support every week despite thousands of empty seats yet criticise others for doing exactly the same thing baring in mind they regularly have the most empty seats in their ground, in the whole league. ;D ;D ;D

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/villa-support.1125189/

They had 14,000 in midweek with tickets priced at £10/£5. Villa charged more and had 21,000. They get good league crowds because their tickets are dirt cheap and they give loads away, something they've done ever since they moved into the SOS. If they charged similar admission fees for league games as the likes of Villa do they would get smaller crowds than Villa. Remember seeing their accounts a couple of seasons ago which showed their average revenue per seat was 15 quid. Think ours was £27 and we certainly aren't one of the most expensive teams to watch.

Never understood their mentality of praising each other for doing something they want to do mind.

2014 Gate receipts £15.8m vs Aston Villa's £12.8m so they probably do have reasons for mentioning Villa.

Look into it into more detail though

Villa average attendance - 36,081

Sunderland average attendance - 41,090

I think these are Premier League only but I'm too lazy to type every single gate including cup into Excel and average it out.

Villa played 20 games at home and Sunderland played 26 games at home.

Average ticket price is £14.24 for the mackems and £17.74 for Villa.

Took the boy on Tuesday for the first time and he thoroughly enjoyed it. Mentioned to a few on here about how he's drifting away from football and if we weren't careful he'd either not like it or just start supporting Chelsea or City or someone like that so I had to get him into Newcastle and thankfully he's now got the bug.

I walked out of Cardiff on 60 mins and hadn't even considered going back until the situation with the boy was coming to a head. I take him to the pictures, bowling, museums etc and Tuesday night was very little different tbh. Was pleased with what I saw, opposition wasn't great obviously, but it was a world away from what drove me away in 2013. I'll see how it goes for the next season or 2, odd game here or there and if he's still into it and the club is being run the way I think it should be then I'll commit and get us a ST. More for him so he can enjoy the roller-coaster but the green shoots are there imo. 

:thup:

2014 Gate receipts £15.8m vs Aston Villa's £12.8m so they probably do have reasons for mentioning Villa.

Look into it into more detail though

Villa average attendance - 36,081

Sunderland average attendance - 41,090

I think these are Premier League only but I'm too lazy to type every single gate including cup into Excel and average it out.

Villa played 20 games at home and Sunderland played 26 games at home.

Average ticket price is £14.24 for the mackems and £17.74 for Villa.

Worth noting, too, we've just had the worst five years of most of our lives.

Including the worst and second worst home league record since 1874.

nah they seem to have a chip with Villa since Bent left

That's what I don't get.

Prior to Bent - ie when you got relegated at our place - all half and half badges nonsense on there, cringemaking stuff.

Then we buy Bent and they absolutely hate us.  The fact of the matter is, they didn't have to sell Bent. It's not like it was a John Stones situation with mega money being offered. We offered the money, they took it.

Also, while the Bent thing was going through, the internet was awash with Sunderland fans saying "OMG! But we are in the top six and Villa are in a relegation fight! How can he leave!" as if being in the top six in January means you're a top six club.

Only for us to go on to finish above them. Despite them having what was probably their best top flight finish in years.

Their crowds are quite impressive, but then again, they're one club I've heard mentioned numerous times as giving an absolute shit load of tickets away every game.

nah they seem to have a chip with Villa since Bent left

That's what I don't get.

Prior to Bent - ie when you got relegated at our place - all half and half badges nonsense on there, cringemaking stuff.

Then we buy Bent and they absolutely hate us.  The fact of the matter is, they didn't have to sell Bent. It's not like it was a John Stones situation with mega money being offered. We offered the money, they took it.

Also, while the Bent thing was going through, the internet was awash with Sunderland fans saying "OMG! But we are in the top six and Villa are in a relegation fight! How can he leave!" as if being in the top six in January means you're a top six club.

Only for us to go on to finish above them. Despite them having what was probably their best top flight finish in years.

Their crowds are quite impressive, but then again, they're one club I've heard mentioned numerous times as giving an absolute s*** load of tickets away every game.

Don't worry mate, we despise the horrible cunts as well. They call us deluded but i'm fairly sure it's them that are.

They also have a massive chip on their shoulder and spend more time obsessing over other teams than over their own squad of shit