Sunderland

Nobody

Loads do seem genuinely gutted over on RTG. Bizarre. Couldn't see the woods for the 0-3-shaped trees.

It's the whole thing though isn't it? Appointing him in the first place you'd know his methods and that frankly he's a bit mental. You either see those through or don't bother employing him. Sure, they've been wank so far but they've brought in over 10 new players and given him 5 matches. It's ridiculous really.

It does make you wonder exactly how bad the mental prick must have been behind the scenes for them to pull the trigger this early.

Loads do seem genuinely gutted over on RTG. Bizarre. Couldn't see the woods for the 0-3-shaped trees.

It's the whole thing though isn't it? Appointing him in the first place you'd know his methods and that frankly he's a bit mental. You either see those through or don't bother employing him. Sure, they've been wank so far but they've brought in over 10 new players and given him 5 matches. It's ridiculous really.

They obviously didn't know quite how batshit he was.

They probably thought his character would be a good thing but didn't realise just how volatile he actually was. Aside from the game against us where he was allowed to milk it a bit, the guy has been an egotistical laughing stock from the word go. He's eaten up the limelight of being a Premier League manager and that has had an extremely bad effect on the club. I'm not saying it was potentially a good appointment, but I can't blame them for not predicting just how ridiculous he was going to turn out.

Either the new manager persists with these s**** players, or the club has another spree in January resulting in more upheaval. I'm still gutted he's gone but he's done enough damage to send these down.

Can Ellis Short afford another spree like that?  Aye he's willing but he's not in the same league as the bigger owners when it comes to wealth.

odd time to sack him, even with the new manager bounce having a new guys first 3 league games being Liverpool, Man Utd and Swansea away, the logical time would have been post Man Utd since that and Liverpool are write offs anyway with anything you get a bonus and with the international break thats after man utd plenty of time for a new guy to get to know his squad and work on a few things.

Either the new manager persists with these s**** players, or the club has another spree in January resulting in more upheaval. I'm still gutted he's gone but he's done enough damage to send these down.

Can Ellis Short afford another spree like that?  Aye he's willing but he's not in the same league as the bigger owners when it comes to wealth.

I doubt he'll spend now, he's probably just looking for someone to come in and manage the squad who isn't insane.

With the amount of money in top level football these days why aren't clubs appointing someone with the tiniest bit of football knowledge to give them some advice? :lol:

Apart from Mackems and the odd Newcastle fan who will always look at the absolute bleakest scenario for us Di Canio was obviously not going to work. This couldn't have gone any more predictably. Similar to when Brummie called the MoN thing but even more obvious.

To be fair to them, I'm convinced that they would have gone down if they hadn't sacked O'Neill.  Appointing Di Canio, worked for them short term and they might be better off now.

He's signed 14 poor players and left them bottle of the table, he also got rid of one of their best players who scored against them this weekend (won't judge him on Mignolet as I doubt he had any say). Maybe I am biased but I wouldn't class him as a good appointment if I was a mackem, he has absolutely ruined that side in 13 games! :lol:

Pulis not even on the odds list on Sky. Can only hope the ITKs who have got the sacking right are right about Pulis too

It's not going to be Pulis unless Short has suddenly lost his marbles. Can you imagine Pulis with a team full of foreigners?