Sunderland

Nobody

I can't see how they could have fucked this up any more.

- Bad appointment in the first place

- Backed him to the hilt financially

- Doesn't get on with the players, they back the players not the manager.

The fallout being they've spent a chunk of money, players have lost morale, they're bottom of the league, they made no effort to turn it around and/or back Di Canio's "methods," and the players are now running the show.

Doesn't get on with the players he bought :lol:, what a mental appoinment.

:lol: But it makes perfect sense! He's intentionally provocative to get the players into the mindset that he wants. OF COURSE that's going to rub the players the wrong way initially. They have a shit load of adjusting to do, but they will adjust. Instead, as soon as they get some pushback they sack Di Canio. Didn't even give his style a chance to take hold and turn the shit around.

Utter disaster. Terrible signing to begin with, and somehow, an even worse sacking. Completely clueless.

What I never understood about Pulis is why he always ran off at full time. Where was he running? Fucking clown.

I just don't understand why he's always dressed like he's about to have a needless 2-hour discussion with the owner of a corner shop.

Guest firetotheworks

What I never understood about Pulis is why he always ran off at full time. Where was he running? f***ing clown.

I just don't understand why he's always dressed like he's about to have a needless 2-hour discussion with the owner of a corner shop.

:mackems:

Good to see a bit of turmoil at any other club than ours and especially down the road.Despite this, i find it hard to take the p**s because i get the feeling potential managers would find that job attractive, where as if and when Pardew goes, no half decent boss in his right mind would touch the toon job with a barge pole unless very well paid.

I actually think Pulis and Sunderland are quite a good match. He would get them organised and the fans would respond to the graft and work-rate that he'd insist on. Wouldn't be pretty to watch but winning ugly is still winning at the end of the day. Actually hope they don't get him.

Someone writing for Goal.com (I know, I know) reckons Di Matteo's been approached but has reservations about taking it.

Caller to Total Sport tried to be ITK and reckons Pulis is on his way.  I find myself laughing at both, regardless if they're true or not.

The RDM story you mentioned there was on an Italian journalists twitter early doors today, was posted in this thread.