Sunderland

Nobody

Seems like the macums, being aware that their normal derby week delusions of us "bricking it", them having "better players" and outrageous scoreline predictions would stretch the boundaries of even their non existent credibility, have now reverted to predictions of "there could be hell on" and "things could turn nasty".

How were we blessed with this lot as our closest rivals ?

I don't know, man. That makes me more nervous. Not used to that mindset, going into a derby. My mates (decent, sensible mackems) are abject at the minute. It's worrying. :lol:

Oh don't get me wrong I'm right there with you on that. They're pros, and however poor they are and fractious the dressing room may be, they will be like wounded animals right now.

I'm hoping for a strong unbiased ref who will allow our talented players to play but don't mind admitting I won't be disappointed with a draw.

Guest neesy111

Aye, there's no gloating at us etc currently from my mates at the moment.  Could be a low-key build up from both teams and supporters.

To be honest whoever is appointed referee could have a massive influence on the game. It's disgusting that that's the case but it's true.

You know if we get certain refs then we can almost assume we'll have something like a soft red card against us, soft penalty, perfectly fine goal disallowed etc.

Seems to be the case far too often with certain "top" refs like Howard Webb and Martin Atkinson.

Guest neesy111

To be honest whoever is appointed referee could have a massive influence on the game. It's disgusting that that's the case but it's true.

You know if we get certain refs then we can almost assume we'll have something like a soft red card against us, soft penalty, perfectly fine goal disallowed etc.

Seems to be the case far too often with certain "top" refs like Howard Webb and Martin Atkinson.

I was thinking about this but we hardly have players sent off against nowadays.

I'm not exactly confident. We've probably been the most unpredictable team of the season so far, there are some signs we're finding some consistency now but I'm still not feeling like we'll win, despite how appalling they are.

I am certain we'll score on the break though, their defence must be the slowest in the division.

Barton having his say on the Mirror's "gutless" ratings:

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton 1h

Love to see the guy who wrote it play. Maybe they should invite him over to training. He's obviously a man of incredible fortitude.

Expand

I dislike 5under1and as much as anyone. Couldn't believe my eyes. Bang out of order. Hahaha after Bardsley. Distasteful. Is that journalism?

Expand

I'm all for saying people have played badly. Game of opinions after all. But gutless? Poor. Yes. Gutless. Some statement. Very personal.

Have just seen 5under1and ratings in todays paper. WOW! What a cheeky fucker that journo is? pic.twitter.com/HoO8CCEwQu

I'm not exactly confident. We've probably been the most unpredictable team of the season so far, there are some signs we're finding some consistency now but I'm still not feeling like we'll win, despite how appalling they are.

I am certain we'll score on the break though, their defence must be the slowest in the division.

If we score at all they'll collapse. They're brittle as fuck, low on confidence, and if we take the lead I can't imagine their fans will be in any mood to cheer the side on.

I'd still take a draw mind :lol:

Need a sweepstake on what minute Seb Larsson will get away with a foul/handball/off the ball incident that should result in a straight red.

Guest neesy111

We're consistent in goalscoring tbf.

We are, despite our main striker being goal shy for the last 6 months.  Good to see the midfield starting to step-up with goals.

Haven't kept a clean sheet since the Fulham game in the league, so slight concern there.

Barton having his say on the Mirror's "gutless" ratings:

Love to see the guy who wrote it play. Maybe they should invite him over to training. He's obviously a man of incredible fortitude.

Expand

I dislike 5under1and as much as anyone. Couldn't believe my eyes. Bang out of order. Hahaha after Bardsley. Distasteful. Is that journalism?

Expand

I'm all for saying people have played badly. Game of opinions after all. But gutless? Poor. Yes. Gutless. Some statement. Very personal.

Have just seen 5under1and ratings in todays paper. WOW! What a cheeky fucker that journo is? pic.twitter.com/HoO8CCEwQu

Came on to post that - he might fancy himself as a modern-day philosopher, but he makes a good point.

I mean, it's funny and all, but what Joey says is true. Would be funny to see Clattermole perform a "reducer" on the journalist :lol:

If we score at all they'll collapse. They're brittle as fuck, low on confidence, and if we take the lead I can't imagine their fans will be in any mood to cheer the side on.

I'd still take a draw mind :lol:

I'd take a draw normally but after the 3-0 Di-Caning I need retribution.

We are, despite our main striker being goal shy for the last 6 months.  Good to see the midfield starting to step-up with goals.

Haven't kept a clean sheet since the Fulham game in the league, so slight concern there.

Yeah we've scored 2 a game since the Fulham match so that's no a problem at the minute. Can't see us keeping a clean sheet either mind.

A 2-1 with that chant they sang for about 5 years coming back to haunt at full-time has a nice ring to it, if we can't batter them.

Yeah we've scored 2 a game since the Fulham match so that's no a problem at the minute. Can't see us keeping a clean sheet either mind.

A 2-1 with that chant they sang for about 5 years coming back to haunt at full-time has a nice ring to it, if we can't batter them.

Nut's gone quote crazy. He can't get enough of the neesmeister.

‏@MsiDouglas 7m

Amazing stat that Sunderland have only taken 17 points this calendar year.

@WiseMenSay1973 5m

@MsiDouglas 23 points from last 38 PL games. 5 home league wins since we lost to Everton in FA Cup, March 2012.