Sunderland

Nobody

Yet some stay up.

They're favourites to go down, sure. But Sunderland are far from finished. Sadly.

Last thing we should do is write them off then have to watch them "gloat" in May that they stayed up, just be happy they're shit, and see what comes of it. And if they do go down, marvellous.

Yet some stay up.

They're favourites to go down, sure. But Sunderland are far from finished. Sadly.

Last thing we should do is write them off then have to watch them "gloat" in May that they stayed up, just be happy they're shit, and see what comes of it. And if they do go down, marvellous.

Since the 2008/09 season no team with the same points as them at this stage have stayed up. I haven't bothered checking further back but I would imagine the chances would be slim.

Yet some stay up.

The crux of the matter is they're shit, however there are 4 or 5 other teams who are playing equally as shit, and another 3 or 4 who you may not immediately expect to be in big danger but could easily get sucked in.

That Stan thing is quality. I mean, mental, but very good on the whole.  :lol:

Didn't want to read it but it was very good :lol:

Sums it up for me too - it's a goddamned wall of text, but very much worth reading. Super effort :thup:

And a big :thup: to the people who raved about it, because otherwise I was all like "tl;dr"

2 X 10 pound tickets per season ticket holder for Chelsea tonight plus the usual foisting of free tickets on schools and colleges.  Free tickets falling out of the sky like autumn leaves for the Southampton game. They are putting themselves in direct competition with the Northern League for supporters. Scabby dogs.

Apart from holding the title for most empty seats in the PL they must have just about the lowest gate receipts too.

fucking diabolical that man, heads should literally roll for that nonsense making it

my fave:

"They weren’t bothered about him breaking the hoodoo against Everton and hammering Newcastle 3-0.

They were bothered about him being a fascist."

aye, no shit :lol:

Must admit I never really see it as a bad thing to give away tickets. How many fans you have is an accident of geography plus glory hunters based on on-pitch success. I never really saw how it reflects on the club at all.

Ticket schemes can be clever marketing and free tickets to worthy causes commendable, but they just smack of desperation, almost appearing to try and foist tickets on often unwilling recipients.

The free ticket idea as a one off isn't a bad idea, it's when it's done on a weekly basis or a number of times a season that the club ends up losing out. If it's a one off and then those who had free entry decide to start and purchase tickets thats fine but the fact they do it so regularly shows it's not working.

Must admit I never really see it as a bad thing to give away tickets. How many fans you have is an accident of geography plus glory hunters based on on-pitch success. I never really saw how it reflects on the club at all.

Ticket schemes can be clever marketing and free tickets to worthy causes commendable, but they just smack of desperation, almost appearing to try and foist tickets on often unwilling recipients.

give all the free tickets away you like, but don't wear the attendance like fucking badge of honour if you're doing it

fucking diabolical that man, heads should literally roll for that nonsense making it

my fave:

"They weren’t bothered about him breaking the hoodoo against Everton and hammering Newcastle 3-0.

They were bothered about him being a fascist."

aye, no shit :lol:

"If Cattermole hadn’t been wrongly sent off, Dossena may not have behaved as he did and we may have gone on to win the game."

Wrongly!? :lol:

Glad to know it's the referee's fault Dossena tried to break some poor cunts leg.