Sunderland

Nobody

Must admit I never really see it as a bad thing to give away tickets. How many fans you have is an accident of geography plus glory hunters based on on-pitch success. I never really saw how it reflects on the club at all.

Ticket schemes can be clever marketing and free tickets to worthy causes commendable, but they just smack of desperation, almost appearing to try and foist tickets on often unwilling recipients.

give all the free tickets away you like, but don't wear the attendance like fucking badge of honour if you're doing it

That's essentially the crux of the matter. I applaud any club that makes it easier and cheaper for fans to attend games, but you can't harp on about great support if you're giving away tickets.

Exhibit B: Fixtures

Yes, I know. We have to play every team at some point. However, the order we have played these games is ridiculous. From September 14th to December 7th (three months worth of home games) we have/will have played Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United, Newcastle, Manchester City, Chelsea and Tottenham. The top six with Newcastle, the hardest game of the year jammed in the middle of them. Then at the end of the season, we have all those teams... AWAY FROM HOME.

We play them at home, then we play them away! :spit: :spit: :spit:

Exhibit B: Fixtures

Yes, I know. We have to play every team at some point. However, the order we have played these games is ridiculous. From September 14th to December 7th (three months worth of home games) we have/will have played Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United, Newcastle, Manchester City, Chelsea and Tottenham. The top six with Newcastle, the hardest game of the year jammed in the middle of them. Then at the end of the season, we have all those teams... AWAY FROM HOME.

We play them at home, then we play them away! :spit: :spit: :spit:

Quick!  Someone send the the phone number for injury lawyers 4 u.... think they've got a case there likes. :idiot2:

:lol: Just went on his twitter.  He's about 6.

Aye he is as well  :lol: As if a newspaper published that man.

I like his twitter tagline though - "Hater of Black and White b******s"

Nice racist picture that he's tweeted also.

It's amazing how they have 1/3 of the season playing 1/3 of the leagues clubs.

So in a 9 month season they have 3 months worth of home fixtures that they aren't expected to win, so does everyone else it's just that they don't always have them all grouped together. What about the 6 months worth of easy home fixtures? There is a couple of clubs who have difficult fixtures grouped together. Look at us, we had Liverpool, them, Chelsea, and Spurs. The things is we got on with it instead of feeling sorry for ourselves, we ended up taking 7 points out of 12, and we took Man City to extra time in the League Cup in the middle of all that.

Plenty of teams would love those fixtures grouped together, sometimes it can work in your favour, especially if your on a good run. Maybe we should just replay them at a better time though to make it fairer on them, oh yeah I'm guessing they won't go for that considering they beat us and Man City in amongst those fixtures.

2 X 10 pound tickets per season ticket holder for Chelsea tonight plus the usual foisting of free tickets on schools and colleges.  Free tickets falling out of the sky like autumn leaves for the Southampton game. They are putting themselves in direct competition with the Northern League for supporters. Scabby dogs.

Apart from holding the title for most empty seats in the PL they must have just about the lowest gate receipts too.

The last set of accounts they released showed they made an average of just under £16 per seat in gate reciepts which was the lowest in the league (we made £26). It'll be far less than that for them this season as they have flooded their games with cheap and free ticket offers to try to maintain a 40k average.

Love it when you go on their site and they're all patting each other on the back because of their crowds. Of course you're going to get decent crowds when you're giving tickets away left, right and centre and heavily discounting 1000's of others. In fact they should be ashamed that despite all that they still have the most empty seats in the league.

2 X 10 pound tickets per season ticket holder for Chelsea tonight plus the usual foisting of free tickets on schools and colleges.  Free tickets falling out of the sky like autumn leaves for the Southampton game. They are putting themselves in direct competition with the Northern League for supporters. Scabby dogs.

Apart from holding the title for most empty seats in the PL they must have just about the lowest gate receipts too.

The last set of accounts they released showed they made an average of just under £16 per seat in gate reciepts which was the lowest in the league (we made £26). It'll be far less than that for them this season as they have flooded their games with cheap and free ticket offers to try to maintain a 40k average.

Love it when you go on their site and they're all patting each other on the back because of their crowds. Of course you're going to get decent crowds when you're giving tickets away left, right and centre and heavily discounting 1000's of others. In fact they should be ashamed that despite all that they still have the most empty seats in the league.

And only likely to be getting worse in the near future.

I said ages ago they should have moved into the Darlo Arena and kept the SoS for the music gigs and the Newcastle match  :)