Sunderland

Nobody

I still think they'll pull through thanks to the sheer shitness of a lot of teams just above them, they're not very far from a lot of teams sadly. I'd love them to have some big fightback only to be relegated by some fluke result on last day of season mind  :lol:

Will know more after next weekend but I think they are fucked, they have struggled against all the teams around them and lost to 2 teams just above them that now have new managers. Cardiff and West Ham will be in it for long haul but scum have to get above Palace and Fulham and both could be 5 points ahead of them with better gd.

They have to win 2-3 games with 3/4 teams not getting a point and think it will be a struggle

I'm aware this is some sort of rumbling argument on here, one I've not paid much attention to, but... I think Altidore is an alright player. Holds the ball up OK, has a bit of pace. By no means a very good player but I think useful enough for Sunderland.

I'm aware this is some sort of rumbling argument on here, one I've not paid much attention to, but... I think Altidore is an alright player. Holds the ball up OK, has a bit of pace. By no means a very good player but I think useful enough for Sunderland.

He doesn't seem to offer anything apart from being a big lump. They apparently paid £9m for him?

I just don't see it but then I really don't watch them that much.

As if we gave them 3 points, they should be propping up the table in December on 5 points :lol:

I think its 5 of their next 6 games are against villa, Fulham, Palace, Norwich and West Ham, they need to be winning at least two just to stay within reach IMO.

A win for Wham and either Palace or Fulham and things start to look fap worthy at the bottom.

Lose to wham and Cardiff pick up a draw at the weekend and they'll effectively need 8pts, or double their current total to catch up with nearly half the season gone.

That's some way to come back from.

Palace and Fulham look like they're up for the fight now. Oh dear.

Said at the time pulis was a great appointment for palace. They've gone from certain relegation to a fighting chance of staying up. I still think they'll go down but they'll have the fight and one very experienced manager to keep the fight going. It's not pretty, and it's barely football but pulis can get results from crap players. You couldn't pick a better short term appointment to try and stay in the league.

All this now puts pressure on Sunderland. Same with Fulham, they've played their wildcard and also have their new manager bounce. The mackems will be gutted other teams can do this as well, not just them.

Been reading a bit of rtg today, seems they are worried Poyet has given up on the players qualities, they aren't listening to him or unable to deal with his passing demands. I'd say there's a little of all of that there. Pulis ironically enough would have kept that squad up with games to spare, Poyet the better long term manager will probably take them down trying to do it the right way.

In the end it'll be better for the club should thry come back up, they'll be a decent footballing side for the first time in living memory, but budgets will dictate how far it'll go and like history has shown they'll readily give up their best players to turn a profit and not replace properly, it's something Poyet will have to get used to there if he wants to see out 3 seasons or more (which IMO won't happen either way, good or bad from the man himself)

Careful now