Sunderland

Nobody

It looks good because they came back but it's a s*** point in the scheme of things, every team around them lost

It really isn't. They've been drawing rather than getting beat for weeks and every week somebody says it's a terrible result. They've kept themselves comfortably within touching distance with those points and will soon win a game or two and be in mid table.

On the plus side, they'd probably be safe by now if Poyet wasn't playing the thick as mince yank up front instead of Fletcher. Can only hope for an injury to the Korean lad as he's comfortably the best midfielder down at the bottom, f*** knows why he's out on loan.

Swansea have an option to recall in January apparently. Don't remember that happening in many cases though but yeah he looks decent.

They've not been beaten in 4 games.

This is sickening.  Why won't they just fuck off?

:lol:

They're definitely not down yet like, it was never as simple as saying a team in their position had never stayed up.  They need to start winning these "winnable" home games, until we've seen how that goes in January/February (and also their transfer business in Jan) we'll not know where they're likely to end up.

This is sickening.  Why won't they just f*** off?

:lol:

They're definitely not down yet like, it was never as simple as saying a team in their position had never stayed up.  They need to start winning these "winnable" home games, until we've seen how that goes in January/February (and also their business in Jan) we'll not know where they're likely to end up.

Think they are very lucky that there is a lot of poor teams down there. They possibly will still go down but I think it could be any 3 of 6 or 7. They need to get some results this next month, as from February they have the exact opposite of the top teams in away fixtures which they had for the home fixtures just gone. This will mean that there will be huge pressure on winning home games as they probably won't get many points on their travels away. Also will probably mean they will not get a run of wins together to pull clear.

They are closing it down but still can't actually win games against anyone outside top 6, they can't afford to be 2-0 down in games and teams like Fulham/West Ham etc will pick up points along the way. It will go to last few weeks and they will be well amongst it.

True, it's a good feeling for them to get such a late equaliser in a game they looked like getting nothing from for 80 mins, but they really could have needed all three points today. A point is something they should be slightly disappointed with, especially with the turmoil in Cardiff atm

It's sounded for weeks in this thread that a lot of people are trying to kid themselves that they're as good as down.

Four points for the bottom side from Everton and Cardiff away and yet "they should be winning today"

If I thought the bottom side "should" be winning any away game, that would probably lead me to the conclusion that I didn't think they'd stay there.

They have went unbeaten for 4-5 games and still at the bottom of league. I know only couple points but they still can't quite get there.

Mind if the other teams keep fucking about they will get out of it, but they have to win games against teams around them and they haven't won any against any team other than us, Man City and Everton. They struggle against teams around them

Guest Haris Vuckic

20 out of 21 teams bottom at Christmas have gone down. I don't think they are going to be the second to stay up.

They had a shade of fortune against a managerless Cardiff but that doesn't mean a great deal. It's a bonus point - but it they're still bottom & their run in- iirc- is very difficult.

Is there a worse player in the league than Andreas Dosenna?  Fucking hell.

Aye, Jozy Altidore.

I expected them ,after todays results,  and the shambles Cardiff as a club are in, to go there tonight and tear into Cardiff. 

Tbh for 80 mins sunderland were absolute shit,and unable to respond,  until late on after Cardiffs Subs did they get into the Game.

Conclusion, this will go all the way for them.

This 20 out of 21 teams thing is such a red herring like.  Like I said the other day, if you'd flipped our home fixtures last year so that we played the top 6 plus the mackems at home before Christmas then we'd potentially have had as few as 8 points at the time the mackems had 10.  They've got about as good a chance as anyone else down there now.

Still got spurs/Man U/Chelsea/Liverpool/man city/arsenal  away from home. If we beat them in Feb, it's likely they could only pick up a point, got hull/us/man city/arsenal. 3 of which away from home

They'll probably end up writing games like that off, it's the home games against average sides that will make or break their season.  Teams near the bottom largely succeed or fail depending on their home form - the bottom 3 last year got 10 home wins between them and that's why they're in the league below now.

It looks good because they came back but it's a shit point in the scheme of things, every team around them lost

It really isn't. They've been drawing rather than getting beat for weeks and every week somebody says it's a terrible result. They've kept themselves comfortably within touching distance with those points and will soon win a game or two and be in mid table.

On the plus side, they'd probably be safe by now if Poyet wasn't playing the thick as mince yank up front instead of Fletcher. Can only hope for an injury to the Korean lad as he's comfortably the best midfielder down at the bottom, fuck knows why he's out on loan.

Thick as mince yank :spit:

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

This 20 out of 21 teams thing is such a red herring like.  Like I said the other day, if you'd flipped our home fixtures last year so that we played the top 6 plus the mackems at home before Christmas then we'd potentially have had as few as 8 points at the time the mackems had 10.  They've got about as good a chance as anyone else down there now.

An active January window did play its part for us . I don't think that they have the means to do the same without first selling some players

It's sounded for weeks in this thread that a lot of people are trying to kid themselves that they're as good as down.

Four points for the bottom side from Everton and Cardiff away and yet "they should be winning today"

If I thought the bottom side "should" be winning any away game, that would probably lead me to the conclusion that I didn't think they'd stay there.

today was the biggest chance they'll get for a win away to a side around them with the chaos surrounding Cardiff and yet again they failed to take advantage of the golden opportunity. They aren't beating teams around them and if they want to stay up they need to.

An active January window did play its part for us . I don't think that they have the means to do the same without first selling some players

It did but what I'm saying is that we lost 5 out of those 7 home fixtures (vs top 6 and a derby) that we're talking about, 3 of those defeats for us (from 4 fixtures) came after the January signings.  I don't think you can declare Sunderland incapable of defeating average/poor opposition at home on the strength of 2 games against Fulham and Norwich.  Another few draws or defeats in these games and I'll be more confident they'll go down.

They have Villa, Southampton, Stoke, Hull, West Brom, Palace, West Ham, Everton, Cardiff and Swansea to play at home, we have little to no evidence on which to base the idea that they can't beat these sides at their own ground and won't get a feeling for this until they've played a few more of these games.  They didn't need to get out of the bottom 3 with an away win today, on 28th December, they need to make sure they're out of it in May and the fixtures could well be stacked in their favour.

Anyway I'm out, people are just taking no notice. :lol: