Sunderland

Nobody

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

This 20 out of 21 teams thing is such a red herring like.  Like I said the other day, if you'd flipped our home fixtures last year so that we played the top 6 plus the mackems at home before Christmas then we'd potentially have had as few as 8 points at the time the mackems had 10.  They've got about as good a chance as anyone else down there now.

I got 11 points taking our worst home and worst away result vs a team. e.g I chose Villa home against Villa away because we drew them 1-1 at home but won 1-2 away

Home

Spurs 2-1

Sunderland 0-3

Man Utd 0-3

Chelsea 3-2

Liverpool 0-6

Man City 1-3

Arsenal 0-1

West Ham 0-1

Villa 1-1

Swansea 1-2

Away

Everton 2-2

Reading 2-2

Southampton 2-0

Stoke 2-1

Fulham 2-0

Norwich 0-0

WBA 1-1

Wigan 2-1

Played = 18

Wins = 2

Draws = 5

Losses = 11

Total points = 11  :yao:

GF = 21

GA = 30

GD = -9

No actually we'd be on the same number of points before the new year if we played QPR .  :frantic:  :scared:

The big thing they have in their favour right now is form. West Ham are in awful form, Fulham's mini resurgence just took a huge dent, Palace have been up and down, Norwich aren't winning many at all, WBA have dropped like a stone, Villa are dropping at a similar rate, the Europa league is catching up with Swansea. While Sunderland are on a nice little run right now, keeping the run going is another thing but they have plenty of winnable games coming up.

The big thing they have in their favour right now is form. West Ham are in awful form, Fulham's mini resurgence just took a huge dent, Palace have been up and down, Norwich aren't winning many at all, WBA have dropped like a stone, Villa are dropping at a similar rate, the Europa league is catching up with Swansea. While Sunderland are on a nice little run right now, keeping the run going is another thing but they have plenty of winnable games coming up.

Alternatively, you'd think those teams above them will inevitably pick up the odd win or two themselves shortly. Sunderland have had a relatively decent run and are still bottom.

Everyone has played everyone else - they're bottom of the league. Not saying they'll go down because there are still enough games for them to escape but they're fucking awful, they wouldn't be bottom if they weren't.

"He's at hospital now. Fabio was feeling very bad before the game, just before the game he was sick."

"We decided together to play but then at half-time it was impossible for him. Now to make sure everything is all right we've taken him to hospital."

Fecker knew he was very sick and still played him when he should have done the responsible thing pulling him out of the squad.

Looking at the positives, the mackems have only won 3 games all season - and 3 they are unlikely to repeat, its arguable whether they deserved any of those 3.

They are currently on a 'good run', but after matches against West Ham, Norwich and Cardiff, they didn't beat any of them. Every game is a massive one for them, and January is packed full of fixtures. They don't have the squad to compete in all competitions, so must field hugely weakened sides, even by their standard, in the cup games.

Ultimately they are bottom after having played all the other 19 teams.

They have Villa, Southampton, Stoke, Hull, West Brom, Palace, West Ham, Everton, Cardiff and Swansea to play at home, we have little to no evidence on which to base the idea that they can't beat these sides at their own ground

None of those teams will roll over, and aren't guaranteed wins. Of those teams, our results at home we have played 5 of them and won 2, drew 2, lost 1.

They're doing pretty well recently tbf, and confidence is huge in this game. If they would have lead by 2 goals yesterday going into the final 10 and ultimately only got away with a draw it would have been a massive blow, but the way they got back into it yesterday is deserving of praise and will raise their spirits. In the end though, it's only a point against a relegation rival either way, which isn't good enough for them in their current predicament. They will be in the bottom five all season, question is will it be above or below 18th at the end of the season. At this point it's very finely poised imho.

We'll just have to see who they sell or buy in January. They could end the transfer window in a worse shape if they sell Giancherrini and Fletcher, then bring in a handful of average players new to the league.

They have Villa, Southampton, Stoke, Hull, West Brom, Palace, West Ham, Everton, Cardiff and Swansea to play at home, we have little to no evidence on which to base the idea that they can't beat these sides at their own ground

None of those teams will roll over, and aren't guaranteed wins. Of those teams, our results at home we have played 5 of them and won 2, drew 2, lost 1.

that's 10 fucking games, if they won them all it's still only 30 points....i'd say a best case for a team in their position would be to take 15-20 points so they'll need to start picking up a few wins away from home, preferably against sides down there with them

it'll be tight, they'll get results against some of these teams but i don't think enough...conversely as we know they've got a rough set of away fixtures in there as well

tight for me, still have a feeling they'll sneak it somehow

I think with the giddiness of definite survival and League Cup triumph, we're all losing focus of the real issue here...the lack of sphincter control on wearside:

Depositing a s*** in the blue bell p*ss trough...What on god's clean earth is wrong with you people?

some bugger placed one on the windowsill in the ivy not long ago

I followed through in the Colliery Tavern once while at the urinal and tried to fart. Went into the cubical and hoyed my boxers out of the window.

found a turd in a pint glass - complete with mini umbrella.

Life in sunderland.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/depositing-a-shit-in-the-blue-bell-p*ss-trough.854347/

I think with the giddiness of definite survival and League Cup triumph, we're all losing focus of the real issue here...the lack of sphincter control on wearside:

Depositing a s*** in the blue bell p*ss trough...What on god's clean earth is wrong with you people?

some bugger placed one on the windowsill in the ivy not long ago

I followed through in the Colliery Tavern once while at the urinal and tried to fart. Went into the cubical and hoyed my boxers out of the window.

found a turd in a pint glass - complete with mini umbrella.

Life in sunderland.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/depositing-a-shit-in-the-blue-bell-p*ss-trough.854347/

Aye, Poyet's definitely found his spiritual home this time.

They haven't beaten a single team around them. Clinging on for single goal victories vs top 6 teams isn't sustainable, but it does say much for how they set up as a team - i.e. a total lack of creativity to actually try to outplay a team.

They have a decent run coming up, they haven't lost in 5. They seem to be playing Villa and Fulham at the right time. 6 points from that is a must for them.

Also love how it was always a given we would beat them, now its a given they will beat us.