Sunderland

Nobody

They have a decent run coming up, they haven't lost in 5. They seem to be playing Villa and Fulham at the right time. 6 points from that is a must for them.

Also love how it was always a given we would beat them, now its a given they will beat us.

Personally, I hate that.

They have a decent run coming up, they haven't lost in 5. They seem to be playing Villa and Fulham at the right time. 6 points from that is a must for them.

Also love how it was always a given we would beat them, now its a given they will beat us.

Personally, I hate that.

You know what I meant.

Got a bird pal.

A Sunderland fan?  :razz: No offence but most of your football posts seem to be defending the mackems at the moment, how others have performed worse, they have a decent run coming up or they aren't doing as bad as others are suggesting.

Fair enough, despite being the worst performing side in the league they aren't the worst performing side in the league.

When the FA gets rid of this least points farce you they will shoot off the bottom of the table. If we could push through the ignore the shit goal difference rule who knows where they could be?

1.16 x 38 = 44.08.  None of the big sides to play at home unless you include Everton.

Mackem.

1.16 wont be over 38 games. Not sure how many games they played before he came, but it was more than zero.

:lol: He said the form would be midtable form if spread over a full season, 44 points got Norwich 11th last season.  I then reiterated that they have a favourable fixture list if they can start beating the shite at home.  We'll not know if they're showing signs of being capable of that until Jan/Feb tbh, they have 10 such games.

And fuck off calling me a mackem you nutcase. :lol:

:lol: He said the form would be midtable form if spread over a full season, 44 points got Norwich 11th last season.  I then reiterated that they have a favourable fixture list if they can start beating the shite at home.  We'll not know if they're showing signs of being capable of that until Jan/Feb tbh, they have 10 such games.

And fuck off calling me a mackem you nutcase. :lol:

:lol:

i knew what was meant, RTG insults man.

fwiw 1.16 pro rata is going to be pretty close to safe.

Current points total is 14, + (1.14 x 19) = 36 points (rounded up).  That would have kept them up the year we went down, and that's without taking into account the favourable home fixtures element.

is the favourable home element balanced out by the unfavourable away element ?

Current points total is 14, + (1.14 x 19) = 36 points (rounded up).  That would have kept them up the year we went down, and that's without taking into account the favourable home fixtures element.

Exactly, 2 fixtures (1 easy home and 1 difficult away) mean they need around 2.3 points per pair to give themselves a chance. Not too much leeway.

Still think they'll spawn it and stay up like.

I've been through this many times, most teams in the bottom half tend to build their survival on good home form and we haven't seen a fair representation of whether the mackems are capable of this given the freakish fixture list.  They can afford to only pick up a handful of points away from home if their home form's good enough.