Sunderland

Nobody

It's not clear cut but I haven't seen anything from them that suggests to me they'll stay up.

could be wrong but didn't they have the worst start in PL history?  from that point they've fought to within a win of getting out of the bottom 3

they look like they can give anyone a game at home as well, players and crowd always seem up for it there

away form will be key

Their 3 wins have been single-goal "spirited" victories against top 8 teams, backs against the wall, relying on the other team missing chances and being vaguely solid. They've shown a total lack of quality and creativity to beat teams around them when the onus is on them to go and attack.

Something major will have to change for them not to go down. They're awful.

very few teams escape by being quality to be fair, not sure that beating teams higher up the table should be seen as such a bad thing vs. the usual route of winning 6 pointers and such

i think they'll stay up...IP has listed 10 home games they might reasonably expect to win, i reckon they'll win about half of them and take some points away from home to scrape

might depend who they sign/sell of course

But that's the point, dude. They've not beaten a single team around them this year. Why is that about to change?

Granted, they've had some hard home games so purely by the law of averages they'll eventually win a couple. But to win the amount they need to win, I can't see it, especially given there is absolutely no sign of them picking up a few wins away from home - their one win being a gift against 10 men, and even then they were second best for much of the game.

I think part of the mentality here might be that people just assume Sunderland won't go down as it's too good to be true for a Newcastle fan. Really, they're total turd and need a massive turnaround to accrue the points they'll need.

well, the fact they have 10 teams "around them" (or lower echelons of the league) to play at home where they are much stronger suggests that the fixtures weren't stacked in their favour as IP has stated and they've failed to beat a lot of these teams away from home

depends how you look at it

1.16 points per game or so I read?

They have 1.083 points per game since he came in.

Most damning of all is that in none of the 3 games that they won, where he acquired three quarters of his points, have they looked convincing or outplayed the opposition.  They are a truly woeful team but may not go down, as many have alluded to on here, them being the stinking turd of the Premiership which just won't flush away.

very few teams escape by being quality to be fair, not sure that beating teams higher up the table should be seen as such a bad thing vs. the usual route of winning 6 pointers and such

i think they'll stay up...IP has listed 10 home games they might reasonably expect to win, i reckon they'll win about half of them and take some points away from home to scrape

might depend who they sign/sell of course

They have won 3 in 19 this season, I know you are talking about some of the lower league sides but all are still above Sunderland. It would be a massive ask imo.

In my opinion they'll either stay up or go down. The points margin will be somewhere around 0-50 points and they'll play betweeen 10 and 50 league games, the majority of which will be played on a green or near green surface and involve a ball or other existing object of some kind.  Said object will probably be composed of matter and will possibly not be a sherry trifle.

All imo of course.

Black Bart ‏@Bartgeordie 8h

@Brian_NUFC @BlockDSJP The mackem who set fire to the ferry must have been terrified of falling off the edge of the world,#neverbeentoeurope

:lol:

Dear Me... hadn't seen the follow up story, so didn't realise it was a Mackem who started that fire.  :idiot2:

They have a real problem with forms of public transport, like... Moving on from smashing up Metro's to Burning Ferries now??!!!

Ponteland Airport will be banning them shortly!!  ;D

Dear Me... hadn't seen the follow up story, so didn't realise it was a Mackem who started that fire.  :idiot2:

They have a real problem with forms of public transport, like... Moving on from smashing up Metro's to Burning Ferries now??!!!

Ponteland Airport will be banning them shortly!!  ;D

He seems a right scummy mackem bastard.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/1m-nissan-parts-stolen-washington-1451388

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/crime/south-shields-woman-in-alleged-2m-rail-cable-theft-plot-1-6311739