Sunderland

Nobody

Newcastle picked up 13 points away from home all season last year and survived by 5 (effectively 6) points, the mackems have 7 at the minute and could quite easily pick up another few and put a good home run together against the dross of the league.  It'll be more easy to tell soon - if they keep drawing/losing these home games against poor opposition like they did versus Norwich I'll be more convinced they're fucked, but as it stands they're 2 points adrift with every chance of surviving.

How much do they have to spend in Jan? I think it was the Telegraph said they have 10 mill to spend. Can't be right?

Depends how much more Short wants to put in.

Can see a couple out possibly in order to raise funds. Possibly Giaccherini.

Just seen this on facebook with the heading - "Newcastle always in our shadows"

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy343/scoot_nufc/LOL_zps732df18f.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If i could be arsed to get into an argument i would write summit back, but i can't as it's like talking to a brick wall.

Those top 5 are laughable as alll we need to say is "NUFC - won more derbies than s*nderland"

Last team to play in Europe - Newcastle

Last team to play in the Champions League - Newcastle

Won more major honours - Newcastle

Attendances - Newcastle have 10 million more people through the gates since when the 2 clubs were formed.

Top of my head. :lol:

How much do they have to spend in Jan? I think it was the Telegraph said they have 10 mill to spend. Can't be right?

Can Short afford to put money in without a sale though because of FFP?

No idea. I'm not too clued up on how that works

Not on the basis of the club's recent accounts, but then I suppose they don't need to worry about qualifying for Europe. There's a load of contracts up at the end of the season too.

Short might splurge to try save their Premier League status. Or he might see relegation as a risk worth taking if there's loads of dead wood moving on in May anyway.

Meanwhile, North East neighbours Newcastle are set to rekindle their interest in Per Ciljan Skjelbred once his loan spell at Hertha Berlin ends.

:lol: :lol:

For what it's worth, he's been bossing it at Hertha Berlin. Wouldn't surprise me if that rumour came back if it weren't for Hertha Berlin being a German club, not a French one.

What the fuck has happened to him at Villa?

This?

Really thought he was class for us, had so much talent and seemingly the brain to do something with it. Never hear of him any more and he must be what, 27?

I randomly follow him on Instagram. Judging by his photos on there, playing football is the last thing on his mind.

Shit load of pictures of him playing lawn bowls? He won't be the first and certainly won't be the last dammit!

After Will Buckley and Liam Bridcutt from Brighton according to the telegraph. Had enough if dem forrins I guess

Oh, my gaffer wont be happy (Brighton fan).

Still, maybe Keith Lemon will veto them in favour of signing more Johnny Foreigners, and it will all kick off.  :iamatwat: