Sunderland

Nobody

They've lost twice under Poyet to Hull so that's no easy game if Hull go through.

Once when they went down to 9 men, once playing nearly the entire game with 10, like.

You just said the same two posts up :lol: #mustargue

:lol: Thought I was an argumentative twunt!

They've lost twice under Poyet to Hull so that's no easy game if Hull go through.

Once when they went down to 9 men, once playing nearly the entire game with 10, like.

You just said the same two posts up :lol: #mustargue

Aye, obviously in previous games sending offs were a factor so losing twice this season is tainted, but I still think Hull away 11 vs 11 will be tough.

Awful attempt at trying to justify Sunderlands 16k crowd by bbc 'look north' tonight. Came up with every excuse. Cup games not included wih s/tickets, the weather, spending money on Wembley hotels and travel, the amount of home cup ties they've had. Even dodged the £15 ticket issue by saying it all adds up if you take the family blah, blah. Indefensible attendance if truth be known.

They think they're a top side since these cup runs and seem to be underestimating the perilous league position.  Long may it continue.

Every round though. A League 1 club at home, a non-league club at home, a team who did a Newcastle at home, and now Brighton man. :lol:

We could have had an easy draw in any one of the last four years but we chose to forfeit instead. We can hardly complain about getting difficult cup draws after the piss easy ones we've had.

They'd have to be real mugs to lose to Brighton though tbf.

While they earned the Capital One Cup Final no qualms asked, they've been f***ing handed the FA Cup Semis on a plate.

They've got to the final of one cup and now the quarter final of another and the Brighton/ hull draw is their 1st away draw. just shows what can happen when your club has a go at it.

Every round though. A League 1 club at home, a non-league club at home, a team who did a Newcastle at home, and now Brighton man. :lol:

We could have had an easy draw in any one of the last four years but we chose to forfeit instead. We can hardly complain about getting difficult cup draws after the p*ss easy ones we've had.

How much is club mentality, and manager mentality? Di Canio was minutes away from sending them out at the first stage, a manager has came in and given it a go despite their league predicament and it's paying dividends.

I know the club openly said "top 10 the priority", but who's to say if we'd sacked Pardew and appointed a manager with the mindset of Poyet that we'd not have given it a real go?

My hatred of Pardew is growing by the fucking day.

but who's to say if we'd sacked Pardew and appointed a manager with the mindset of Poyet that we'd not have given it a real go?

i've been saying this for a while, as a professional football manager he should be doing everything he can to win every single game regardless of what the owner says....it's also not been lost on me that as a footballer he's only remembered for playing/scoring in a big FA cup game, the sackless fucking stooge can't even be arsed to give his own players a chance at such memories

he is everything a footballer manager should not be

We could have had an easy draw in any one of the last four years but we chose to forfeit instead. We can hardly complain about getting difficult cup draws after the p*ss easy ones we've had.

How much is club mentality, and manager mentality? Di Canio was minutes away from sending them out at the first stage, a manager has came in and given it a go despite their league predicament and it's paying dividends.

I know the club openly said "top 10 the priority", but who's to say if we'd sacked Pardew and appointed a manager with the mindset of Poyet that we'd not have given it a real go?

Tomato, tomato.

Pardew's line is the club's line: we can't succeed so don't bother trying.

My hatred of Pardew is growing by the f***ing day.

Tomato, tomato.

Pardew's line is the club's line: we can't succeed so don't bother trying.

We could though. If he got sacked for not listening to Ashley, 'accidentally' winning the cup and finishing 11-15th he'd end up being a hero :lol:

The quarter final isn't going to be easy no matter who we get. Hull seem to have the Indian sign over us this season, and Brighton away is no way an easy fixture. I'd probably prefer Hull because we are due a result against them.

As for Pardew's (Ashley's) attitude towards the cup competitions, well that is truly baffling. The only realistic chance of any silverware, and he treats it with contempt.

While they earned the Capital One Cup Final no qualms asked, they've been fucking handed the FA Cup Semis on a plate.

Not as if they had no luck in the Capital One Cup, Man Utd first gave them a goal then missed 4 penalties.

Definitely earned their way to that game of course, no qualms about that.