Sunderland

Nobody

they seem 100% certain it will work out and propel their club to that next level they keep on about.

Of course, because strikers that rely on their pace to create chances are renowned for retaining their abilities well into their early to mid thirties.

Honestly I think they'll get a good 12 months out of him, possibly a little longer, but their problems lie in their inability to create chances. Defoe's not going to be much good when Gomez is passing the ball back to his centre half for 90 minutes and then once his legs go they'll not be able to shift him.

Sky Sports Twitter are showing a graphic placing Defoe ninth in the top ten PL all-time scorers. The top three reads:

Alan Shearer: 260

Andy Cole: 187

Wayne Rooney: 181

So by 'Mackem Logic', they really should've tried to sign one of them at the arse-end of their careers for a much needed boost of goals. *Ahem*.

Sky Sports Twitter are showing a graphic placing Defoe ninth in the top ten PL all-time scorers. The top three reads:

Alan Shearer: 260

Andy Cole: 187

Wayne Rooney: 181

So by 'Mackem Logic', they really should've tried to sign one of them at the arse-end of their careers for a much needed boost of goals. *Ahem*.

He's 9th in the all time British Premier League all time scorers, 14th overall.  Arguably the best ever English scorer though apparently even though the man 9 places above him in number 1 is English :lol:

Would be very interested to hear what our resident mackems think of this

Upgrade on Jozy.

If he scores goals and we stay up the next couple of seasons I think he's worth it.

Hopefully it means a change in approach. If we go two up top it might mean we push further up the pitch and press more from the front.

If he plays as a lone striker with no one within 30 yards of him we're going down and be lumbered with an ageing striker on a fair wedge. Saying that I think we don't sign anyone unless they agree to a relegation wage drop these days.

Very much in the wait and see camp at present.

Upgrade on Jozy.

If he scores goals and we stay up the next couple of seasons I think he's worth it.

Hopefully it means a change in approach. If we go two up top it might mean we push further up the pitch and press more from the front.

If he plays as a lone striker with no one within 30 yards of him we're going down and be lumbered with an ageing striker on a fair wedge. Saying that I think we don't sign anyone unless they agree to a relegation wage drop these days.

Very much in the wait and see camp at present.

If you go two up top, it will expose your defence and the demons from the 8-0 will haunt Poyet- he will be up sweating all night with this conundrum.

Upgrade on Jozy.

That's not saying anything though.

Arguably any striker ever to play in the Premier League is an upgrade on Altidore as far as goals.

Upgrade on Jozy.

That's not saying anything though.

Arguably any striker ever to play in the Premier League is an upgrade on Altidore as far as goals.

Fuck it, the beachball scored as much as he did.

Guest antz1uk

wonder if defoe has a relegation clause in his contract, can just see clubs rushing to take him off their hands on theose wages if they go down